Wedding Party

BM dress crisis!

So, it's 2 and a half days before the wedding.  Everything has been going smoothly.  Some wrinkles with the tuxes, but those have all been worked out.  And then, it happens.  One of my BM's calls me hysterically crying.  I'm thinking, her husband was in an accident.  One of her kids is hurt.  No, her seamstress told her she could pick up the dress today and she went to pick it up, and they're closed, until Monday!  I told her to calm down and we'll go to David's Bridals on Saturday (the day before the wedding) and see if we can find something there (that's not where we got the dress, but they are probably the only place that will have something in her size on the rack).  I told her she could wear anything, as long as she was there at the wedding.  She's actually a lot more stressed about this than I am.  I'm not going to go all bridezilla on her and kick her out if she's not wearing the same dress as everyone else in the WP (my cousin did this, to her own sister).  We are hoping beyond hope that her seamstress checks her store messages and we can get the dress still.   Wish us luck.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BM dress crisis!

• Oh gosh, that is too bad! They had better be graveling and give a full refund later, since it was THEIR mistake!

Major kudos to you for taking it in stride! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials; your wedding day will be perfect if you keep up the awesome attitude!

I think your ideas of just finding something for her to wear is a good idea...I hope you can find something without too much stress!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow...I would be so mad! not at her of course just at the seamstress. I hope that your friends can get her dress or get her money back. Good for you though for being such a good friend!
  • Does your BM have a contract with the shop?  If she has it in writing that she could pick it up today, then pretty much any judge in the country would award her a refund.  Even if she doesn't have a contract, you've got a pretty good case for a refund.  I might suggest going to a department store, but because it's the day after Christmas, they will be absolute zoos, and that should be a last resort. 

Perhaps she could just wear a black dress, and get a sash in the color your BMs are wearing?  Again, that could be a last resort, because you could just go to Joann's or another fabric store, find something suitable, and throw it in a sewing machine to hem it.

Kudos to you for keeping calm.  This is one of those things that no one would blame you for freaking out a little over, but keeping it in perspective is really admirable
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I think the fact that I thought someone had died due to her hysterics made the fact that it was her dress a little less crisis-like.  I mean, yes, the whole situation sucks, but I didn't ask her to be my BM because of a dress.  I've known her since we were 12, so I just want her to represent at the wedding.  I hoping that David's Bridal will have what we're looking for.  They have a similar style dress (in fact, we almost got that dress when I was a BM in her wedding) that could work. 
  • Well that sucks..

Good for you with just going with the flow.  The important thing is you and your FI getting married, not a BM's dress.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We're going tomorrow to see if there is any way we can get into the shop or can contact this woman at home.  If not, then it's David's Bridal.
  • Sorry to hear about this mishap. Hope you find something else that works. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Good for you to go with the flow.  Hopefully you can find something that she loves on short notice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards