Wedding Party
Options

be careful with JCREW...

I felt the need to post this as I am a huge JCrew fan...but not lately. As you may know, JCrew has a bridal line which includes bridesmaid dresses. I chose some dresses for my girls, yay, everything was good. All girls ordered months in advance (12/2010 for a 6/23/11 wedding) and we were told that they would absolutely be in this spring. Well...my wedding is in June and my bm's are getting emails stating "whoops, sorry we are sold out of the dress you ordered and we are not getting it in stock anytime soon" This is not a rare occurrence. This also happened with three suits that I bought from them this month! Clearly this could be really upsetting when your one bm's does not have a dress anymore. Three are still waiting for their "back ordered" dresses and I am praying that they don't get the same email.  Just an FYI =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: be careful with JCREW...

• Options
    Sorry, that sucks.

Did you check eBay for the dress?
  • Options
    Do you have a contract?  Usually when you order gowns, they provide a statement with all the info.

Vera Wang pulled this one on us when M ordered a prom dress there and it arrived, 2 sizes too small.  The shop wouldn't help so I went directly to Vera Wang's corporate headquarters in NYC.  They "all of a sudden" found the material they said they were sold out of.  The gown arrived 3 days before the prom and it was according to measurements.  Exactly
  • Options
    JCrew quality has been spiraling downward for years.

Everything is paper thin and falls apart.  Back in the day, that stuff used to be high quality and last for years.

It seems their issues are now leaking into their ordering/shipping.

I'm sorry this happened to you :-(
  • Options
    I am a BM in another wedding and we had an issue where it said the dresses would be available and then with like no warning cancelled my friend's order. My dress was delayed like three months. It is random.

I know lots of brides like the JCrew dresses, but I am not a fan of the fit. And I don't think the quality is that great either.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • Options
    Just got word that another BM got the message saying cancelled. No contracts were signed- I have no idea what we are going to do. Thank you for the EBay suggestion. I will search there next. Yea, JCrew and I are not on good terms =(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You know what- that is not a bad idea at all....I do like Nordstrom and know they have cute dresses. 3 girls out of 7 did not get their dresses yet. 2 of the 3 received the email about the cancelled dress. This would be a great weekend to go look for another dress too...thank you so much for your suggestion, I really appreciate it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My BMs got their dresses from David's and they both had to be ordered but showed up in less than two weeks.  One ordered online and the other went to the store. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards