Wedding Party
Options

NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!

A girl on my friends list just changed her profile picture to this:

And then she posted a picture of her new tattoo

Nothing about the tattoo is uniform.  I'm actually a little sad for her.
dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha

Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!

• Options
    while the profile pic is a bit inappropriate, what's the problem with the tattoo?
  • Options
    the horseshoe is shaped funny, and so is the star
  • Options
    Nothing says Sexy Cowgirl like a confederate flag...
  • Options
    Yeah, I am not a fan of that tattoo. I just don't get it.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    That tattoo is really unfortunate.  Does she think it looks good?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Maybe she designed the tattoo herself? I hope so.
  • Options
    They (her and her 'husband') are the kind of people who would know someone who owns a tattoo gun and says "let me tat you" and she said "I want a horseshoe, with wings, and a star!"

And I quote husband because that is a whole other issue I have with them.  They have not been dating long (and I know time has nothing to do with love) but they call eachother husband and wife.  One day his post said something about his wife and I said "you aren't married yet, are you?" and she wrote back "no, but he is in his heart and that is all that matters"

Why I keep them on my list? IDK, entertainment I guess
  • Options
    And I thought we had a lot of red necks in SC.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jaimed99jaimed99 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-facebook-stuff-really-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:8a119089-1085-4533-834e-dd05b7112c31Post:d482040a-9914-4e60-8f41-6369db4e9d5e">Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They (her and her 'husband') are the kind of people who would know someone who owns a tattoo gun and says "let me tat you" and she said "I want a horseshoe, with wings, and a star!" And I quote husband because that is a whole other issue I have with them.  They have not been dating long (and I know time has nothing to do with love) but they call eachother husband and wife.  One day his post said something about his wife and I said "you aren't married yet, are you?" and she wrote back "no, but he is in his heart and that is all that matters" Why I keep them on my list? IDK, entertainment I guess
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

<div>I have a friend who does tattoos out of his house...but I've also seen what he does and he's pretty damn good. I can see what you mean, though...looking at it again.</div><div>
    </div><div>The whole "husband and wife" thing is different...my FI's co-workers call me his "old lady" and it gets on my nerves...and my grandmother refers to him as my "husband" when he introduces us to people, which sort of gets to me too...I let it go only because she's a strict Catholic and we have a child out of wedlock and she probably feels better that way...</div>
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    If you are going to be so judgy, then why are you even friends with this person? I'm sure she would love to know that you are posting her pics on another website. 

That's really bitchy to keep people around for "entertainment". 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-facebook-stuff-really-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:8a119089-1085-4533-834e-dd05b7112c31Post:ff9ecaa3-1b8d-4534-9da5-5ec009efd538">Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now if she had a cross made out of feces or a crescent moon performing oral sex on a pixie (yep, I've seen both of these),
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>WTF!?!?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-facebook-stuff-really-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:8a119089-1085-4533-834e-dd05b7112c31Post:ff9ecaa3-1b8d-4534-9da5-5ec009efd538">Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now if she had a cross made out of feces or a crescent moon performing oral sex on a pixie (yep, I've seen both of these), then that would be a different story.  But this just seems petty and judgemental.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Whoa, yikes.  Hopefully they aren't somewhere that's immediately visible?  Or would that be too much to ask?

I'll just stick with my tiny, well-hidden treble clef. 
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-facebook-stuff-really-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:8a119089-1085-4533-834e-dd05b7112c31Post:dd85888a-3b2a-4b77-be19-bd2add399632">Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?! :   I don't think you understand what I was saying.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh no...I do understand what you're saying. You're making fun of some girl who just happens to do things differently then you do. Who cares what you think? Maybe all of that means something to her. I think the tattoo on your foot is completely ridiculous, but I wouldn't judge you for getting it because it probably mean something to you.</div><div>
    </div><div>I only reason I think anyone should feel badly for this girl is that she is naive enough to remain "friends" with you so you can pilfer pictures from her Facebook. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Salt, I'm curious as to why you came into this one guns a-blazing. Not taking issue with your opinion, just wondering since I don't usually see you post on this board, and I feel like people put up potentially judge-worthy crap that FB or IRL friends have done all the time.

I think it's an unfortunate tattoo because it's not very well done. This girl may love it, and that's all that matters, but I think it's a shame that she has something permanent on her body that has what look like pretty obvious flaws. My tattoo isn't perfect, there's one little part where the line has a kink in it, and I don't love it any less, but I also recognize that technically it's "wrong."
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I lurk here almost every day, but often times don't post because other people beat me to the good answers and there is no point is being all "Ditto!"

I really only say something if I'm first or if I have a different opinion. 

Tattoos are also something that I tend to have a lot of opinions on. 

EDIT: And if you are trying to insinuate that I would have not had a problem with anyone else posting up stolen pics from a "friend's" facebook and then making fun of them and am just doing this because I can't stand the OP, I can assure you that I would. 
  • Options
    Gotcha. I was just wondering - and I remember you have a few tattoos, so I thought it might have been the particular topic that caught your interest but wasn't sure.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nwr-facebook-stuff-really-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:8a119089-1085-4533-834e-dd05b7112c31Post:ca06bb1a-e982-4adb-8e02-9cbac6d70900">Re: NWR: Facebook Stuff- Really People?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gotcha. I was just wondering - and I remember you have a few tattoos, so I thought it might have been the particular topic that caught your interest but wasn't sure.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

<div>It was. :) And mine aren't all perfection either and some of them might not make any sense to other people. But they make sense to me so that's all that matters. I didn't get tattooed to impress other people.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards