Wedding Party
Options

sorority sisters

I am planning an august 2012 wedding and my fiance and I have started to talk about who we want in our wedding party, but I have 5 girls (my pledge class sisters) and 1 made of honor (another sorority sister) and he has a best man and 3 groomsmen. I would like to have an even amount of bridesmaids and groomsmen for pictures, but I don't want him to just choose 2 more guys just to make it even because I don't want to look back on our wedding pictures and wonder why we had random people in our wedding party. My pledge sisters are all very close to me so I don't want to only have a few and not all of them because I don't anyone to feel as though they aren't important enough or anything like that. So what do I do?

Thanks!

Re: sorority sisters

• Options
    Don't worry about having even sides.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    WPs should never be about symmetry.  They should be about having those you care most about standing with you during the wedding ceremony.

Having said that, if your wedding is August, 2012, I'd like to suggest that you wait until after Halloween to ask anyone to be in your wedding party.  Take a minute and scroll through a couple of pages of posts from brides who asked too early and now want to know how to kick out their former bff, sorority sister, cousin, college roommate, etc. because the relationship has changed. 

I know you think that your relationships won't change.  So did all those posters.  If yours don't change, great!  You won't have lost anything by waiting to ask.  If they should somehow change, you won't be in a pickle.

Finally, just for me:  google "uneven wedding parties".  Look at the photos.  They're lovely.  There's nothing wrong with an asymmetrical WP.  There's a lot wrong with asking random people for the sake of equal sides.

Good luck.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_sorority-sisters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:8d52574f-7bf2-4760-b1fb-92e32e20bb5bPost:b93b4267-5082-45a7-ac9e-2d42ec35b179">sorority sisters</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning an august 2012 wedding and my fiance and I have started to talk about who we want in our wedding party, but I have 5 girls (my pledge class sisters) and 1 made of honor (another sorority sister) and he has a best man and 3 groomsmen. I would like to have an even amount of bridesmaids and groomsmen for pictures, but <strong>I don't want him to just choose 2 more guys just to make it even because I don't want to look back on our wedding pictures and wonder why we had random people in our wedding party. My pledge sisters are all very close to me so I don't want to only have a few and not all of them because I don't anyone to feel as though they aren't important enough or anything like that.</strong> So what do I do? Thanks!
    Posted by mattnmolly12[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like you have your answer.  Uneven sides are fine and your pictures won't look odd if you don't have the same amount of guys and gals.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We had uneven sides. And I would never have just chosen people to make it even. We can look back at our pictures and see our closets friends and family at our sides supporting u's. Sure we could have picked more people, but it wasnt necessary. Our pictures look great! It definitely not about an even number.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards