Wedding Party
Options

Gifts

Hi Ladies, I do not plan on getting my BM's jewelry for the wedding as I do not care if they wear jewelry or if it matches.

I have 1 BM who constintly talking about me getting jewelry for the girls.  I inform her everytime that I do not plan on getting my BM jewelry.  She still brings this up everytime we "wedding talk" rather it is, your should get us jewelry that looks like this, or when we go into Charming Charlies (not sure if you all have this store) she says, this would be the perfect place for you to get us our jewelry.
Like I said I inform her everytime that I do not plan on getting them any.  This is becoming very annoying.

Am I over reacting, to this?  Should I buy my girls jewelry?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts

• Options
    lol, she sounds fun!  I agree with edie and just getting her some jewelry.  Or you can just ignore her...my MOH kept bugging me about having pew decorations and tulle to drap between the pews.  I kept telling her no tulle, no pew decorations....over and over again and of course she brought it up at the Rehearsal but I just continued to tell her what I had been telling her "I told you, I'm not doing that." 

And BTW...I LOVE Charming Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I think edie's idea is great!  Get her some jewelry that's just her style.  Then she can wear it for the wedding if she chooses, or not.
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Ditto edielaura.  It sounds like this BM would like jewelry, but as far as her suggestion to give the jewelry to all the ladies in the WP, you can take it or leave it :-)  If you weren't planning on matching jewelry that's fine and works better anyway if their dresses don't match since the same necklace won't necessarily work with the different necklines.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I think that I would just ignore it. If she really wants jewelry for her BM gift, then fine, but if you don't want to have it be part of their "uniform", then don't give in. Tell her that you would prefer that each girl let their own personality shine that day through their jewelry selection, but that you would be happy to help her pick hers out (if that is what you'd like to do).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'd be pretty annoyed if someone kept asking me the same thing over and over again like that too.  Either she's not listening or she thinks she knows better than you.

Anyway, I agree that all you can really do is ignore it.  Or be a massive smart ass the next time she brings it up.  "Wow, I must be having deja vu.  I could have sworn that you asked me about that before, and I explained that I would not be buying you necklaces.  Hmm, maybe I dreamed that."  Ok, probably not the best idea, but it would be fun.  
  • Options
    I'd find it annoying that she keeps bringing up what you should buy her for her gift.  Maybe next time you are at a store, you should point out all the stuff she should buy you for your wedding or shower and see how annoying she finds it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you Ladies for all the advise!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love charming charlies! 

but i wouldn't buy it for her unless you really want to. 

if i were the other girls maybe i'd wonder why i didn't get a charming charlies, too. :(
  • Options
    If you weren't planning to get them jewelry, then don't feel that you have to.  

One way to solve this problem is to get all your bridesmaids together to discuss the details for hair, makeup, etc. and announce to everyone, all at once, that they will be responsible for their own accessories, including jewelry. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards