Wedding Party
Options

Groomsman Battle...opinions needed

So our wedding is now a little over 6 months away and my Fi has selected his groomsmen and asked all 6 of them to be in it, and they all have accepted. The problem is I have two brothers (one half, one full) that aren't in the WP and I didn't think they would care if they were in it or not. So I told FI to pick who he wanted.  I spoke with my full brother tonight and asked if he wanted to be involved in the ceremony.Then he told me he was upset that we didn't ask him to be in the wedding party. Now I'm not sure how I can include him to still be a special part of my big day...since I'm his only sister. My oldest half brother is not an issue, we never really see him anyway and he's happy to just come to the wedding.
I think if we ask him now he's going to say well you're only asking cause you feel bad. And I only have 5 girls in my WP so he would have 7. Is there anything else we can have him do? I thought about making him an usher and letting him roll down the aisle runner. But that seems kind of lame compared to bein in the WP. Please Help! We need any kinds of advice on what to do and how to not hurt his feelings 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Groomsman Battle...opinions needed

• Options
    Have him stand up on your side.  There's no rule saying that guys can't stand up for the bride.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Why can't he stand up on your side?
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    Ditto PP, just have him stand on your side.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    He could be a reader, usher, and/or stand up for you.
  • Options
    My brother stood up on my side.  It's no big deal.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    He didn't want to be on my side. I said he could do that when i realized he was upset. I will have him walk my mom down the aisle though, i think thats a good idea and he'll probably be an usher. I was also thinking of letting him do the aisle runner with my half brother. Thanks for the opinions ladies
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards