Wedding Party

Bridesmaid advice please!!!! **Sorry- its a novel!**

Ok so I'm having some issues with my two maids of honor (both of which are my cousins whom I am very close with, I couldn't choose just one of them). We'll just call them MOH A and MOH B. Both A & B (who are sisters) seem to be ignoring me- I sometimes wonder if they even want to be in my wedding at all. The thing is, my wedding is still over a year away, and they haven't even had to do anything wedding-related yet. Both of them have babies under a year old, and A works full time as well- I understand they are busy, busy people. Knowing & respecting this, I haven't asked for a single thing from them regarding the wedding. Even if I'm calling just to get together for lunch, they never seem to return my calls.

They are family, which complicates things further- I can't just write them off. But if they aren't even willing to maintain a relationship with me now, how can I depend on them to be such a vital part of my wedding?? It's very hurtful because when they had their babies I went out of my way to plan amazing showers, helped send birth announcements, write thank you notes, and waited eagerly at the hospital for each of them to deliver their beautiful daughters. Basically I was a baby maid-of-honor :) And an awesome one, I might add, despite a full time work schedule and nursing school. I did this because I care about them & I wanted to do everything I could to make their special time memorable. I don't expect them to neglect their lives in any way (I've even offered to foot the bill for the typical MOH expenses, so that burden isn't on their shoulders). I just want them be happy for me & celebrate with me as I would do for them.

To add to my annoyance, B got engaged this past weekend & announced her wedding date as ONE WEEK before mine. Now I'm not the type of person who thinks my entire engagement period should be all about me, but really??? C'mon. (Also, I found out about the engagement through text message, and the wedding date on facebook- since she hasn't returned my calls.) We had an appointment today for me to try on wedding dresses & she totally stood me up, & I had to cancel the appointment. AND- okay this is my snarky side coming out- she bragged to our family members that her ring is bigger than mine [For the record, it isn't- hers is a cluster of 4 diamonds that is only slightly bigger than my ONE diamond.] Grrr.

I've been wondering if perhaps I've done something to make them mad, but I've asked if everything is alright & they just say they've had a lot going on, blahblahblah. I've seen them at family events, and we get along great & make plans to hang out (which inevitably get cancelled). I even asked our grandma if she thought there was a problem, and she said every time she has talked to either of them, they seem excited about the wedding. 

I'm not trying to whine, but its really starting to hurt my feelings. Also, I should add that my immediate family is separated- my mom, dad, and brother all live in different states. So they are the next best thing (aside from my fiance's fam, who are wonderful). I wonder if I'm just being sensitive & feeling so neglected because I'm missing that at a crucial time in my life.

So should I just confront them? Nicely, but firmly, ask them what the heck is up? Should I give them an out- tell them there will be no hard feelings if they'd rather not take on such a big responsibility? Help please!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards