Wedding Party
Options

F/U WWYD e-ring

I posted about my engagement ring drama...probably a month ago.  It was breaking out my finger, we went back and forth with them to fix that, then two of the side stones fell out/the center stone was still loose even though I had told them about that.  I asked what I should do--try again with the small, local jeweler, or move on. 

Wellll....I have an update, if you're interested.  We went back to the original, small jeweler and wound up giving them another chance (mostly against my better judgement).  Our money was still tied up there, and since it wouldn't cost anything to give it another shot, we went with it.  They completely redesigned it using a different alloy, and it was open underneath the stones so there was room for the water to evaporate without aggravating my skin.  I LOVED it.  I picked it up last Wednesday, and wore it for 4 days straight, with no skin issues (usually it would show up within 24 hours).  And it was exactly what I wanted my ring to look like.

Last night, I got into bed, looked at my ring, and lo and behold, there was a side diamond missing.  WTF.  Luckily, I found it right underneath my arm, it must have just fallen out as soon as I got into bed. 

I'll be going back to them and asking what's up with diamonds falling out AGAIN, then going to another jeweler.  Seriously, diamonds falling out once is too many--twice is just ridiculous. 

Grr.  I was so excited that I could finally schedule our e-pics, but I guess that will have to wait a little longer now, not to mention that going to another jeweler will cost more money, so we'll have to put off buying our new couches.  Le sigh. 

I hope everyone is having a better start to their week. :-)

Re: F/U WWYD e-ring

• Options
    Wow.  At least you found the diamond!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Brooke--exactly!  I was so happy that I didn't lose that.  It would have been fantastic for a little kitty to munch on.  It's all safely tucked on top of the fridge in a ziploc bag until we go back tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Yikes, that doesn't sound good at all!  But hold off on the couches you will keep for a few years and get your ring fixed to a quality you can trust for the rest of your life.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    CA2--the couches were my first thought when this happened.  We still have mismatched leftover-from-college couches, and we've been so excited to get some nice, new ones...but you're definitely right, my ring needs to be fixed to a quality where I won't forever be paranoid about diamonds falling out. 
  • Options
    You could compromise and get a decent Ikea couch, or see if you can find a good one on Craigslist.  Just a bit of an upgrade, but not a huge investment.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards