Wedding Party
Options

Knot Post Secret

Just cause I'm nosy, although I am NOT trying to start any kind of guessing about what someone might have posted. And for anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/

Re: Knot Post Secret

• Options
    I think the ones that are just flaming someone/something on the boards are pretty lame. I also think most of the response ones are lame ie. the one saying "I think SAHWs are lazy" is ok by me (even though you're right, it's an unpopular opinion, but I think it's reasonable to say that you keep your unpopular opinions secret), but to just respond and say that the person is lame for thinking that is stupid. I'm guessing whoever posted that does not hide her opinion that she thinks SAHWs are great and that everyone should agree.
  • Options
    Okay, I'm just now reading through this, and...

Someone on the Bump killed herself because of the message boards?  Seriously?  When did this happen?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    I hate the "secrets" that bash people for feeling suicidal or telling them to get over themselves how things said on the internet are inconsequential.  If you feel like you have no one IRL and no one on the internet that you can connect with, I'm sure that is a VERY lonely feeling.  It's not like it would be the first time someone committed suicide based on something someone said on an internet forum, right?

I also think that if you have a problem with a specific poster or board, instead of making a secret post, create a flippin' AE and hash it out.  Reading about how awful people are is boring.
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    The best secret so far, aside from the one "E" supposedly posted (which I'm inclined to believe she probably did), was the recent one about the Knottie who is basically having an emotional affair with another knottie's FI.  Whether that is true or not, how effin' ballsy is that?  Such betrayal. 
  • Options
    I've got one secret on there and I want to own up to it so bad...
    I'm so bad at keeping secrets.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_knot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9b87fe8b-4481-479e-8bcf-c22e43b60046Post:00b637e1-5d92-4417-9eed-24068fdc397d">Re: Knot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've got one secret on there and I want to own up to it so bad... I'm so bad at keeping secrets.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

Hey, I said I didn't want to start a witch-hunt, I didn't say that no one could out themselves :)
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I've posted like 5 or 6 now(I have a Secret addiction). I know a Knottie already knows what 1 of them is ... and that one was actually my only "opinion/bashy" one. DH knows all of them (I can't keep a secret from him to save my life), so obviously, they aren't about my marriage failing, hahaha.

If anybody correctly guessed any of mine, I'd own up to it ... none of mine are really that terrible or anything to be really ashamed of. I think I post so many because I haven't had any good "t-shirt material" lately, so this let's me exercise my mad Photobucket skillz, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_knot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9b87fe8b-4481-479e-8bcf-c22e43b60046Post:593dd6be-f9cf-47c4-9ae8-7dfaa735a5ea">Re: Knot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot Post Secret : Hey, I said I didn't want to start a witch-hunt, I didn't say that no one could out themselves :)
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

*sigh* but I caaan't. Haha, KPS was not meant for someone like me. As soon as I submitted it I was thinking about who I could tell about it.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *shrug* I'm boring.  No secrets, and I've never read it.  I feel like I'd get sucked in, and never make it out alive.
  • Options

Lately it's been mostly replies to old secrets. I don't really like it all that much. People will take the original secret and put text over it telling someone why they're wrong. It's not my cup of tea. Hopefully that will die down soon.

It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am really over the replies to secrets.  I wish I could post but my photoshop skills are lame and so is my ability to keep secrets.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_knot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9b87fe8b-4481-479e-8bcf-c22e43b60046Post:1c6538e1-4998-4d08-acdf-06b623446c65">Re: Knot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am really over the replies to secrets.  I wish I could post but my photoshop skills are lame and so is my ability to keep secrets.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

You don't need photoshop skills.  You just need to use picnik.  It's easy.
  • Options
    I used picnik for my secret. That Web site is awesome. I don't know how I didn't know it existed before, but it is fabulous. I was playing with photos for hours on that site.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I posted my secret too.  And I agree, the ones about flaming people are stupid.  That's not a secret, it's them being a biiitch.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards