Wedding Party
Options

Guest book ideas

What is everyone using as a guest book?  Help.  I cant decide.
Thanks =)

Re: Guest book ideas

• Options
    I really wanted to do the thumbprint tree, but my FH wasnt a huge fan of it.

SO ...we are going to have a photobook type area with a polaroid camera and let people take pictures, stick them in a scrapbook and sign :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_guest-book-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9e0f84f6-21cb-4810-aab0-00f197151c8dPost:babac0b6-6828-4e12-8d2e-4562db8e147e">Re: Guest book ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We made a photo book on Shutterfly and our guests signed it yearbook style.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This, except we used Picaboo.
  • Options
    If I would have known there was a cakewrecks book that's what it would have been.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We are doing a quilt, so everyone will sign a square and I will make a quilt out of them alternating them with a solid colour square in our two wedding colours. For the little ones I am having paper and the crayons that transfer so they can do a picture and I will iron transfer it onto a square. Also this way the kids are not using fabric markers that would never come off clothes.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_guest-book-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9e0f84f6-21cb-4810-aab0-00f197151c8dPost:babac0b6-6828-4e12-8d2e-4562db8e147e">Re: Guest book ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We made a photo book on Shutterfly and our guests signed it yearbook style.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm making ours now.  We using pictures of the guests through the years, I hope it will spark memories and make for interesting signing.  </div>
  • Options
    We're doing river rocks.  We're using them for our table assignments as well.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I feel so boring. We just have a regular guestbook that my mom gave me for Christmas, but it is beautiful - it's covered in ivory dupioni silk! One of her friends made it. 
  • Options
    I just came up with my idea today!  I wanted to do a picture guest book but discovered the way I wanted to do it (Poloriods and a book) was going to be fairly expensive so I decided I had to think of different ways. 

I am going to get some nice index cards, have the guests write well wishes on them and put them in a box, and then have pictures taken of them when they walk in.  but instead of using poloriods I will just use digital cameras.  I will then scrapbook the pictures with the index cards of well wishes after we get back from the Honeymoon! 

I'm actually more excited about this than my original idea!
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    The photobooth we hired will have our guests use one of their pics to create a scrapbook for us (they supply pens,stckers,scissors,etc).
  • Options
    I do not want a regular guestbook that we will never look at so i bought index cards in variety of nice colors and we are going to do a scrapbook of wishes (and not just names) and advice. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We did a thumbprint tree.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    We're doing something we saw in an issue of Martha Stewart Weddings.  She has this template for a guest book poster!  We're going to go to Kinko's, input all of our info, and then print it off on a high quality paper or card stock.  Then, at the wedding, we'll get everyone to sign it.  Afterward, we'll buy a nice frame and hang it up in our apartment!  We're really excited about it and we'll get to look at it every day afterward.  It will be a really wonderful memento!
  • Options
    We used a photobooth.  The guests had a blast taking pictures, and Infinity Photobooth made an awesome guest book (scrapbook style) for us with all of the pictures and well-wishes from the guests.  It's a little pricey, but we now have a great memento!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards