Wedding Party

My BM won't talk to me. :(

I have 5 bridesmaids and one of them is my best friend who I talk / text with a few times a week despite our busy work / family schedules. I now have somewhat of an issue because she is refusing to talk to me. I have tried texting, emailing, calling, with no avail. I can’t think of anything that would hurt her other than the dress shopping day I had with two girls last week

A few weeks ago, I called all of them and asked if Saturday would be a good day to look for BM dresses but only two were available. My bff texts me saying “what happened to just buying them all at David’s? Are your OTHER girls on a budget” so I called her and explained to her that we’d be going to L.A. to shop because they actually were on a budget and they wanted to keep it under $100. She was obviously not happy with my decision to have them wear different dresses but the one she likes is $150, not all the girls can afford them. I told her I’d go with her to buy the dress she liked and she did not respond. I’m not pushing them to buy the dresses the only reason I went with two girls is because they didn’t know where the place was at and L.A. is about an hour away from our house. If I scheduled the shopping day was because they asked me about stores and where to go, they’ve all been to the department stores and weren’t able to find anything themselves so they asked me if I could take them soon because the wedding is next month.

I know stuff happens and she might just be busy but for her to blow me off is not normal. I don’t see what the big deal is but maybe you guys can shed some light on me. I don’t know what else to do, I have an alterations appointment tomorrow and I’d like for her to come with me. I’m so confused, she’s never left me in the dark like this, and we’re normally pretty open with each other. I mean we’ve been friends for 17 years.

Re: My BM won't talk to me. :(

• GIve it a few days.

Then CALL her.  Don't email or text.  Pick up the phone and call her to say, "Hey I keep getting this feeling that you may be mad at me and I just wanted to talk to see how you're doing."

You didn't do anything wrong but perhaps her feelings are hurt because she didn't get to go.  She needs to get over it and she's wrong for taking it out on you, but sometimes people don't do the things that they SHOULD be doing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_my-bm-wont-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a2ffc4fb-307a-4c1b-ac35-002679b3e96fPost:1ca3ec98-ddf5-457a-9d45-f02aaf53ec56">Re: My BM won't talk to me. :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]GIve it a few days. Then CALL her.  Don't email or text.  Pick up the phone and call her to say, "Hey I keep getting this feeling that you may be mad at me and I just wanted to talk to see how you're doing." You didn't do anything wrong but perhaps her feelings are hurt because she didn't get to go.  She needs to get over it and she's wrong for taking it out on you, but sometimes people don't do the things that they SHOULD be doing.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]
    THanks for the input. I've called a few times with no luck, she responds via text which tells me she's still upset, i haven't heard from her since last week. :( I'm just hoping i can have my friend back soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards