Wedding Party
Options

Bridal shower theme...pls help

Hi Ladies!

Hope the planning is going well for you girls. I'm just stressed and trying to get everything booked. I wanted to take time and ask for help and ideas...and think about something fun in between all this planning. My MOH is asking about my bridal shower, we touched the theme topic. I never really thought of it but I would love to have a themed bridal shower, but I dont have anything in mind.

Any suggestions ladies...something fun.

Thank you in advance Smile

Re: Bridal shower theme...pls help

• Options
    Personally, I'm not a huge fan of shower themes if that refers to the type of gift a guest is required to bring.  Examples:  an "around the clock" shower where guests are assigned a time of day and have to bring a gift that corresponds to that time.

I prefer the theme:  cruz is getting married!  Let's help her start out married life."

However, if you mean something to make a cohesive shower:  my DD's shower was a dessert menu.  It was held mid-afternoon, and each BM brought a favorite dessert and bottle of wine, as did her FMIL.  I added fruit and cheese platter and non-alcoholic beverage.  So the food was loosly themed, but for gifts, people just purchased things off of her registry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    No, I am not refering to the type of gift the guest buy. I am not a huge fan of that type of themed shower. I want my guest to just get gifts off my registry as well. What I meant was decor, favors and so forth. something to make it fun. I went to a luau bridal shower, I thought it was the coolest thing. They had palm tress, coconuts, leis amd so forth.the bride was wearing a hula skirt and coconut bra over her dress verses the regular shower hat. It was fun. The guest were wearing diff color leis and the bridal party were wearing green leis
  • Options
    I also dislike the "around the clock" themes. When I did my friend's shower we just stuck with her wedding color theme. I've also helped out at other showers were there were no gift or color themes. Just tell your MOH that its up to her if she wants to do one and what it should be, but I do not recommend the "around the clock" ones, when my mom helped out a her friend's daughter's shower her sister (MOH) did this and had so many confused calls on what they heck it was. 
  • Options
    If you can't think of any specific theme offhand, then I personally would not try to come up with something just for the hell of it. Especially since you said you've never really thought of it before now. Because then it's likely going to come off as "forced." And ANY theme is going to look stupid if it's overdone.

Just tell MOH that whatever she has planned will be more than enough, and wait to see what kind of lovely party she puts together for you. If she really pushes you for an idea, maybe you could mention your favorite color and she can decorate around that, or mention a special drink or dessert that she could serve.

But I am sure that whatever she is planning will be great. So try not to worry about it.
  • Options
    Well, a party theme can be anything.  I once saw a really cool cafeteria themed shower.  Your MOH could really come up with whatever she wanted and carry it through with the decorations and favors.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Here's a good website with ideas:

http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/themes/bridal_showers

Click on the themes to view details
  • Options
    My best friend/wedding assistant is doing my shower. She is doing a camping theme, because that is what we are doing on our honeymoon. She is going to pitch a tent (the shower will be a campground shelter), and have that sort of theme going.

Also, guests are technically allowed to bring any kind of gift they choose.  However if they do buy off of our registry, it will be a camping gift because that's all we  registered for. :)
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    The theme of my NC shower was Pink. Everything was pink from the champagne down to the gift wrapping on every gift. Even the prizes guests won and the favors were pink. It was fabulous and couldn't have been more perfect for me.
  • Options

Thx for the website, it's great! I love the modern moroccan theme. I'll let the MOH be the judge..anything she decides will be great. If she does insist on having my input then I'll give her some colors and she can work with that.

Thank you so much ladies

Happy planning
    t2ul Smile

• Options
    filawfilaw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    My girls did "Mad Hatter Tea Party".  Everybody wore a hat (people went all out too, it was like the Ascot horse races in the backyard) and we all drank tea.  They also asked everyone to bring a copy of their favorite recipe.  I got all kinds of wonderful, special recipes!  It was all very sweet and touching.
  • Options
    Try to keep things simple.

DH proposed at a park on the beach here in CT.  We would have loved to have the wedding reception there but it just didn't work for logistical reasons.  SO, they threw me a beach themed shower which was great.

When MIL and I threw SIL's shower, we didn't have a theme other than the couple.  I bought paper lanterns in their wedding colors and they were hung up in the room.  There were also photos of BIL and SIL throughout the room and on tables.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards