Wedding Party
Options

Wedding Party Lodging Etiquitte

We are having a camping wedding about 2 hours north from home.  I thought it best to have the wedding party stay at 2 cabins or a couple suites the night before the wedding, so we can be clean and well rested for the big day.  We intended to cover this cost.  However I have now run into folks in the party that would rather couple up with their boyfriends/husbands and get their own rooms.  Is this an expense that I am expected to take on?

Re: Wedding Party Lodging Etiquitte

• Options
    Did you tell them that you'd cover a couple cabins for WP only, or just that you'd take care of their lodging?
  • Options
    If you are requiring them to stay at the cabins then it is a cost you should cover.  If you are leaving the option up to them, then they should cover their own lodging expenses.

Personally, I would much rather spend the time with DH than with all of the BMs so I would opt for the cabin with my H.
  • Options
    Can you go halfsies with them?
  • Options
    I have not discussed the expense with the group yet.  I just didn't know if there was protocol that I should follow.  I will offer it like this..

We will cover costs:
    Friday or Saturday if you camp or stay as a group.  Other accomodations are at your expense. 

The date is July 9, 2011 so I hope that this gives people enough time to work this out.
  • Options
    I think most would rather stay with significant other than WP.  Your offer sounds acceptable though: if they camp or stay as group you will cover costs...leaves the decision up to them...july 9th?  That's a year away, I would be planning things like this closer, at least in same year...alot can happen till then
  • Options
    In that case, you could tell them that you and your FI are willing to book a cabin/suite for the wedding party if anyone is interested, and that if they want to stay at the camp but prefer to stay with their SO or friends, the contact info to book through the camp is _____________.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-lodging-etiquitte?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a40fbef9-e120-47fe-aea5-79fbac84f976Post:de15acbf-35ed-4790-adaf-0d9285ca75c9">Re: Wedding Party Lodging Etiquitte</a>:
    [QUOTE]In that case, you could tell them that you and your FI are willing to book a cabin/suite for the wedding party if anyone is interested, and that if they want to stay at the camp but prefer to stay with their SO or friends, the contact info to book through the camp is _____________.
    Posted by gottahavashorti[/QUOTE]

This!

Also, 355 days is plenty of time for a heads up to book. Most likely, even with the heads up, no one will book until the month before anyway.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I stayed with my sister and her bridesmaids the night before her wedding.  I did it for her, but I would have been infinitely more happy to have been with my then-FI.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I'm curious... how exactly does a camping wedding work? 
  • Options

Rebecca, that is the ultimate question.  We wanted to do something unique and camping is definatly our thing.

First off we have access to big tents incase of rain cover.

We will have the ceremony at some lovely grassy location.  The reception at another.  We are fortunate with this campground, in that there is no real separation between the sites (trees, bushes) and there are lots of open areas to set this up.  Also my FH's family makes a yearly event of camping here.  The wedding will coincide with this event.

The caterer will camp over night and slow roast pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, chicken thighs, coleslaw, etc.

We will not have a formal dance, but will have music playing and games; ladderball horse shoes, washer toss.  The bouquet / garter toss will be a game a red light green light.

Beer trailer or lots of coolers with cans.  Possibly additional rented toilets.  Party favors of bug spray, can coozies or matches

There are no rules.  We can make them up as we go along.

• Options
    sounds like a creative wedding!

I had the same kind of concern with my wedding, I ended up telling the bridesmaids that there was a room for the groomsmen and a room for the bridesmaids if they wanted to spend the night there. Otherwise they could book their own rooms through the hotel. I think this is fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards