Wedding Party

WP Gifts - Non Traditional WP

Okay so I have a Man of Honor and another boy in on my side of the WP, plus two girls and one Girl who isn't really girly.  I am a very non traditional when it comes to traditions such as those, but I am very traditional on the ceremony and reception.  That was just to give you some background. 

I was hoping some of you would know of places I could look or things I could get for them that would be fun and different for them but still be a reminder of the special day.  If you have any websites I should check out or things I could get that would be great. 

I appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks!!
Valarie Visit The Nest!

Re: WP Gifts - Non Traditional WP

• Shop for the person, not their title.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Ditto Aerin.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • What would you get them if it were their birthday? 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited July 2010

You know your friends best so just take into account each person's personality / interests, etc. Gifts do not have to match and they should not have anything to do with your wedding, actually.

I'd much rather have a book by my favorite author, gift card to Anthropologie or a new belly dance DVD than something specifically geared for the "Maid of Honor"! (Like a monogrammed anything, basically).

Shop for each person like it was their birthday.

The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Also, alot of people like the website Etsy for interesting gift ideas.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Many people get caught up in the idea that WP gifts must be matchy-matchy and/or keepsake type "mementos" of the special day.

But if a gift isn't something that I'll ever, ever use again, then it's neither a keepsake or much of a memento.

So as aerin said, shop for your friends, not your WP.  In fact, take your wedding out of it altogether.  What stores or websites would you head to for a Christmas gift for your friends?  Or what stores or websites would you head to for a birthday present?  Good.  Go there.  Happy shopping.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Gifts in bio.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards