Wedding Party
Options

FMIL wants to wear Ivory dress to wedding, colors are purple, silver and white!!!

So my FMIL bought not one but 2 dresses for our wedding next weekend. I have said since day one that I would like her dress to compliment the colors we've chosen ( lavender, silver, gray or black even). What does she do? She buys an invory dress to  wear with a gold belt and a lavender dress to change into for the reception. I'm not even doing an outfit change and I've tried to drop subtle hints that the ivory dress is 1. Not appropriate for her son's wedding 2. Clashes with the wedding colors 3. Will not look good in pictures. She still does not seem to get it. I don't wanna be a bridezilla about this but I don't understand how she thinks this a good idea. Even my fiance has told her that he thinks its inappropriate and rude and she still does not seem to care. We've waited 10 yrs for this day and I know that all eyes will be on me but Im still very upset by this. I refuse to be rude or ugly towards her to get my point across but I don't know what else to do.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards