Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot?

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal?

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert?

An argument you got into with your mom as a child:
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? He doesn't mind it. He likes that I am meeting people in real life.
    What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? I think we went out to a nice place once and it was $150 a person but that was including the wine. 
    DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? I prefer theater, so I'd probably pick opera.
    An argument you got into with your mom as a child That I couldn't date till I was 16. It was a huge thing in my household. I was really into boys though, so iguess it was for my own good. Didn't stop me from fooling around though.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2010
    He HATES ALL things Knot-related.  He HATES if I mention something that transpired on the Knot.  He does not want to hear about anything that happens on the pages of the boards.  It really is a sore subject.  Sometimes, I want to share - but I can't.  My friends IRL have NO clue how much I am sucked in.  I should probably join a support group.

Dinner for FI and I probably around $250.
    Concert.

Probably about my clothes or hair.  "Your jeans are too tight!"  No duh, Mom. 
  • Options

Knot Obsession: He doesn't mind it. He knows it makes me happy

Most for a meal? $90-$100. It was the 4 yr anniversary dinner with FI. He was stationed in GA at the time and I hadn't seen him in months.

Opera, ballet or concert? Well concert but we also don't have opera or ballet here. I'm not a fan of opera in general but I love dance.

Argument with Mom?  Oh man, what did we not fight about? My parents split when I was 10 so I had to be a psychologist to her and a second mother to my brother. Most fights were about how I needed to devote my life to something she approved of, like taking care of her or why I was the cause that her relationship with my father ended. Mostly the latter. She is one of those mothers that has children and thinks they owe her everything because she did me a favor. You're a mother...you decided to have me...suck it up.

Anniversary
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot?: He doesn't mind it.

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal?: No more than $50 for both of us.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert?: Concert

An argument you got into with your mom as a child: Why she didn't let me participate in more extracurricular activities.
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? He calls it the "bride message boards."  He goes on his own boards for video games, so he doesn't judge.

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? I have no idea.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? Concert.  Although I haven't been to the ballet in years.

An argument you got into with your mom as a child: She smacked me for "hitting" my sister.  Which I did not do.  It was only after I got punished that my sister owned up to lying about it just to get me into trouble.  Brat.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot?  He likes that I've made IRL friends, but doesn't like how much time I spend on it at home, because it takes away "us" time.  As a result, I pretty much stay away from the computer in the evening.    

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal?  Maybe about $50 pp.  I have a hard time justifying spending that much money on one meal, though.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert?  Opera.  Phantom of the Opera.   

An argument you got into with your mom as a child:  I'm sure there were plenty, but nothing stands out.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? I only go on once in a while, so he doesn't care. He hates farmville.

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? Probably 150 or so.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? Ballet. Danced from 3-18, it's the only part of me that still has anything to do with dance. I miss it.

An argument you got into with your mom as a child: Wanting a puppy, cleaning my room, boys..
  • Options
    I don't talk about TK with anyone. I might mention a scenario I came across on the boards, but I just mention that I read it online and wanted to know his opinion.

Not much, we're pretty cheap. Maybe $60. Someone once paid our way to a really fancy place that cost well over $150, thank God we didn't have to foot that bill! It was a congratulatory dinner for my MA.

Opera or ballet. Concerts don't do much for me, but I love musicals, shows, etc. I even once convinced DH to go to Sleeping Beauty on Ice with me.

Tattoos. I always wanted one and told her I was going to get one when I turned 18. She always said no way in hell. I won. Other than that, I was known to sass so we argued over that a lot.
  • Options
    He find it humorous, which is a little hypocritical because he plays WoW for at least 5 hours a night.
    Over $500 for 2, including tip, at Le Cirque in the Bellagio in Vegas. It was a very special treat as neither FI nor I had ever had a 9 course French dinner with wine pairings, and it was our first Christmas together and he was spoiling me. Everyone thought he was going to propose, but he waited another 2 years for that.

Everything but the oyster was divine. Oysters remind me of phlegm.
    I think it kinda depends. I'd love to see Tommy, which is a rock opera. I don't have a whole lot of interest in ballet unless someone I know is performing. Concerts are always fun, though.
    Making my bed. I just didn't see the point, and still don't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? He's actually pretty supportive of it, because a lot of my friends have conflicting work schedules (As does he), so he likes that I'm actually socializing with people (I think intially he felt a little weirded out that a bunch of married people were hanging out on a wedding site ... but he's been better about it when he saw that Stina was a normal person, that talks about normal things, lol)

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? I think like $170 for the both of us ... it was at the Melting Pot, and we really don't do "super expensive" meals more than twice a year
    DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? CONCERT!

An argument you got into with your mom as a child: We constantly fought about how she didn't want my older sister to feel like she wasn't "normal" so I pretty much wasn't allowed to do anything she couldn't do (So I missed a lot of parties and dances, couldn't have a boyfriend and didn't get my license until I was 19). To this day, I'm super-pissed that my younger siblings where allowed to do everything in high school. I also think this has a lot to do with why I'm a semi-anti-social weirdo now.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? He thinks it's hilarious, especially when I start telling him about drama that transpired.  

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? Probably about $100 total.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? I love them all, and really can't choose. Opera is wonderful, ballet is beautiful and concerts are practically religious experiences for me. I just can't pick one!

An argument you got into with your mom as a child: It was always about my hair and the various colors I wanted to dye it. She finally caved when I was in high school and let me dye my hair purple. Surprisingly, she loved it.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? He barely uses the internet (checks his e-mail every other day or so), so he thinks everything I do online - blogging, Knot, etc - is weird. He doesn't think it's bad, he just doesn't get the appeal.

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? That I've personally paid - $60 per person (no wine, it was on our HM, and we just wanted water from being in the sun all day!). Not sure what the most expensive meal I've been to was.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? Concert

An argument you got into with your mom as a child: When I was little, it was about getting my ears pierced. That one probably lasted about a year, until my 9th birthday when I was finally allowed to.
  • Options
    I don't go on much at home, mostly at work and occasionally at home when he is working.  If he sees it, he says it's silly.

When I lived in CA I had a meeting in Anaheim.  Another lady and I went to some steakhouse place at downtown Disney. It was beyond expensive for me (especially being a college student) and I was not overly impressed.  The next most expensive place is probably a steakhouse in Billings.  BF is a beef guy and doesn't like to spread his wings and try new stuff much. 

I like all, but I am definitely a concert junkie!  I usually go to about 25 a year, but since moving to MT it has greatly reduced since no one comes as close as I am used to.

cleaning my room.  She was surprised once I went to college and had a clean house
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot?   Eh.

What is the most you've ever paid for a meal?  $500 for a private dining experience where we got to collaborate with the chef on a 7-course tasting menu (wine pairings for each course) and we got to keep the centerpeice flowers in their vase....I felt like royalty.

DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert?  Concert. But I love dance, so I'd like to watch a ballet, too.

An argument you got into with your mom as a child:  Staying out later than I'd like...
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    He doesn't care.

I'm going to assume it was our engagement dinner when we went to Ruth's Chris.  (I'm not sure because DH never lets me look at the bill.)

Ballet.

I was a smart a$$ kid so we got into a lot of arguments.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow, that's kind of nuts.  I can't think of any place like that, but it might be gone now.  There's a lot of turnover in the DTD properties.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    What does your SO think of your obsession with the knot? He will listen to me when I talk about an especially amusing or annoying thread, but otherwise I really don't talk to him about it
    What is the most you've ever paid for a meal? for just the two of us? Or in general? My xH and I went to Ming Tsai's Blue Ginger restaurant in Boston and the bill was about $150 (but Ming signed a menu for me, I was all excited!) but we've been known to drop about $200 on dinner with us, the kids and a friend or three...
    DH wants to know: Which do you prefer; opera, ballet, or concert? Concerts, definitely...FI and I love going to concerts together :)
    An argument you got into with your mom as a child: how about everything? She was a single parent from the time I was 7 (divorced) and like her, I am very headstrong. We would butt heads about just about everything...but what really got me was when my brother would do something (usually something I had done and gotten into trouble for) and got away with it...when my daughter and I lived with my brother for a while (mom's house, she was remarried and living with her xH), I would constantly complain to her about him stealing food from my daughter (like kids' yogurts and stuff I'd bought specifically and obviously for her) and she'd brush it off...when I moved out and she left her husband and moved back in, she changed her mind when he ate all of the ice cream she bought for him, as well as the carton of lo-carb ice cream she'd bought herself...
  • Options
    He doesn't really know anything about it. He thinks it's just a place to get and post vendor reviews.

I think it was around  $200 but that included drinks.

Concert but I also like opera and ballet.

I'm 5 years older than my sister and for a short period of time my mom tried to make me take her with me everywhere I went so she didn't have to get a babysitter. At 12, I told my mom "If you want me to be someone's mother, I'll make that happen". She stopped having me lug my sister around after that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards