Wedding Party
Options

Someone assumes they're in my WP

Yea, I know my posts are solely on the board.  Let's just say the WP is a weird point of discussion in my life.

I recently received a text from a friend of my sister's.  I do some mentoring stuff with a local church and one of her friends (with whom I've directly worked with a number of times).  The text was basically asking if he could be lined up with my sister as one of my GM.  I haven't even asked anyone to be a part of my WP.  The only discussion regarding my choices has been with my FI.  Sadly, when choosing the candidates, his name didn't even come to mind.  Do I let him down softly, and how do I do that? Or do I just go with it?

TIA

Re: Someone assumes they're in my WP

• Options
    If you've only discussed your potential WP with your FI, then you haven't actually selected anyone yet.

Just tell him that you haven't yet chosen your GM, and leave it at that. Then refrain from further discussing wedding plans/details with him.

**i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    Ditto twilight. You haven't asked your WP yet, so just tell him that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ditto PPs, just tell him you haven't selected anybody yet. If he presses the issue, change the subject.

When the time comes for you to select people (Not sure when your date is, but wait until like 6-9 months before the wedding), with the exception of either your or your FI's siblings (To avoid future family drama) do not include somebody just to spare their feelings ... very excellent chance, you'll end up regretting it, and once you ask somebody, there's "no backsies".

After you've made your choices, if anybody asks (Which it's pretty rude on their part to do so), just say "The BMs are x, y and z, the GMs are a, b and c" and be done with it. Please don't try to explain to anybody why they "didn't make the cut".

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    "We haven't picked the WP yet, we're just enjoying being engaged for now.  Hey, have you seen Inception?  Was that trippy or what?"
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Ditto pps.  I'd just say, at this point, "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.  FI and I haven't yet chosen our WP and won't be for some time.  We're just enjoying beig engaged right now."

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Ditto pp - "We haven't asked our Wedding Party yet" and change the subject.

When you have asked the people you intend on asking...and people who were not asked bring it up - which is their faux pas, not yours - you can then say "The groomsmen are Tom, John, and Rob". and then change the subject. ;-)  Anyone who asks you runs the risk of making it awkward for both them and you, but you can respond diplomatically.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    kmabjokmabjo member
    First Comment
    Do not tell someone why they did not make the cut.

If he asks again, just simply say that you and FI haev not discussed it yet.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards