Wedding Party
Options

I don't know what to do!

Hi everyone, it's my first post!  As a newly engaged bride to be, I'm a little shocked to find that it's harder than I thought it would be to pick a wedding party.  I have had my 5 BMs picked out for years.  Then I met my fiancee..

And he has 11 brothers and sisters, 12 including himself.  6 boys, 6 girls.  He is number 8 and we have been together for almost 7 years now so I am close with all 6 sisters.  My fiancee has found a spot for his five brothers.  Now I don't know what to do with his six sisters.

Also, throw into the mix that my mother is one of 9.  I have 18 first cousins (last time I checked) and I have chosen 6 cousins from both  my parents side to be represented in the party.

Back to the 6 sisters...  I am the maid of honor in one of my fiancee's sisters wedding, so she makes bridesmaid #6. 

Here is what I'm thinking. 

BMs:
My 5 girls + sister #1.
Flower Girls:  2 cousins (represents dad side) and 1 niece.  Niece represents Sister #2.
Ring Bearers:  2 nephews (1 nephew represents a brother, the other represents sister #2 again)
Ushers: 2 cousins (represents moms side)
2 readings during mass:  Sister # 3 and Sister #4
Gifts during mass: 2 cousins (represents moms side)

LIke I said, the brothers are all represented in groomsmen and ushers, etc. Now, I don't know what to do with sister #5 and sister #6.(Sister 5 is in her thirties, sister 6 is 14).  I really don't feel comfortable with including some and not all of his siblings, especially since I am close to all 6.  I'm an only child and they've all become the siblings I've never had.  My mother thinks I am representing too much of his family and not enough of hers or my fathers, but it's really hard when we have families of this magnittude.  Any suggestions??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards