Wedding Party
Options

How many is too many?

Re: How many is too many?

• Options
    5 or 7 for a guest list of 250 is perfectly appropriate.  I read that anywhere from 6-10 is normal for a formal larger wedding.  If the wedding is in a really large church, the article said even 12 bridesmaids is acceptable!

I'd say if there are people you want to ask, just do it!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I mentioned this to my friend and she said that many people starts to make your pictures look a little funny and it's distracting for the guests watching the ceremony.

I think your friend has absolutely no clue what she's talking about.
  • Options
    We have six on each side for a wedding of about 150.  You're perfectly fine.
  • Options
    We had 6 attendant's each and we had about 120 people who attended the wedding.
  • Options
    We have 6 each plus 2 ushers and my younger nephew who lit candles etc for our wedding of about 150. I love our pictures. Tell your friend to hush up.
    "You might disagree but it ain't yo show." -Steve Harvey
  • Options
    Sounds like your friend had too few.

Seriously though, there's no set number of too many or two few. whatever the number of your closest friends, that you can't imagine being up there without, that's the right now.

Granted... some of it could get crazy if you have a TON of close friends, but it sounds like you have things well in hand =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    I think this is completely personal-if you have 7 close friends/family, have 7! who cares, it's who matters to you up there! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    discordiasadiscordiasa member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_many-many-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ba141eea-0929-44bf-819e-5fae597a8045Post:ac06560c-9caf-42eb-9758-d72ade961b26">Re: How many is too many?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mentioned this to my friend and she said that many people starts to make your pictures look a little funny and it's distracting for the guests watching the ceremony.<strong> I think your friend has absolutely no clue what she's talking about</strong>.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    And for a wedding your size, I think your good to go with 7 on each side!
    "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." ~ Aristotle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards