Wedding Party

maid of honor problems

I have four bridesmaids, 2 who ive only been friends with for about 3 years but see and talk to them almost every day, and 2 who are my cousins. My maid of honor is a girl I've been friends with for over 10 years so of course I asked her to stand up with me. This is the problem; she and her boyfriend of 5 years are going through a really rough patch and she's taking her anger out on me. She is also overwhelmed with the fact that shes in her brother's wedding a few months before mine (didn't know this when I asked her). She currently isn't even speaking to me over something really petty. I know that many people on this board frown upon "de-bridesmaid" ing however, she is really stressing me out. I'm always there for her, no matter what I have going on in my life, but I feel like she always has something negative to say about the wedding, my bridal party, and my life in general. I've sort of tried talking to her about it, but she is one of those people who takes things personally and throws up a wall when she doesn't agree with you. Is it wrong to want this time to be a little bit about me for maybe 10 minutes of our once a week conversation thats almost always about her? I don't want to lose her friendship over this, but I am so happy about getting married that having her around is making me miserable :( what should I do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards