Wedding Party
Options

Head Tables

I'm bored, and I'm curious as to what everyone did.

Trix, the poll is just for you since I know you love them so!
My Grandparents on their wedding day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
bio
Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.

Re: Head Tables

• Options
    We had the WP and their dates, but we only had four attendants and only three of them brought dates. So nine total people.
  • Options
    It was cocktail style, so we didn't even have a sweetheart table.  I figured we'd be on our feet most of the time anyway and I was right.  When I decided I needed food in my stomach ASAP, we sat with a couple family members and friends.  I think I went back for seconds and sat next to my high school friends at the next table for a bit, then we went around to visit everyone else.
  • Options
    I need an "other" option!

We did us with our parents and my BMs (plus one's husband - the other 3 didn't have dates). I wanted to take advantage of the time with my dad and friends who'd flown from the US, so I wasn't going to leave out my one local BM, and H wanted to sit with his parents as well, but we figured the GMs would have more fun being seated with their friends. It worked well for us - we somehow managed to eat, do table visits and chat a tiny bit with the people at our table!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sorry emily!  The poll only gives you 4 options :(
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    We did sweetheart table with BP scattered around with their dates.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    blackfire:  that made me laugh.  Also made me vote for the first time EVER on a poll.  But I'll only poll dance for you.  ;)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_head-tables-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c2006ee9-e311-451d-a101-64a80c08a446Post:a3fa0a33-2df5-4b35-bd99-602875a26c8a">Re: Head Tables</a>:
    [QUOTE]blackfire:  that made me laugh.  Also made me vote for the first time EVER on a poll.  But I'll only poll dance for you.  ;)
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes!  Will you wear your cookiepuss face for me?  You know I love that one.</div>
    bio
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    You forgot one option, which is our plan:

Sweetheart table for us.
    Wedding party & dates interspersed among the rest of the guests at regular tables with their friends/family/people with whom they'd get along.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_head-tables-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c2006ee9-e311-451d-a101-64a80c08a446Post:45c1584c-749d-4d1d-a29d-56ee1049db97">Re: Head Tables</a>:
    [QUOTE]You forgot one option, which is our plan: Sweetheart table for us. Wedding party & dates interspersed among the rest of the guests at regular tables with their friends/family/people with whom they'd get along.
    Posted by LD1970[/QUOTE]

<div>I tried to include that in with the 4th option, but it was too long.</div>
    bio
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Yeah, I saw you posted that you could only have 4 options too.  Damned knot constraints.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    You didn't post what I did, lol.

We had a sweetheart table and the BP was seated where we would have put them if we were throwing any other fancy party. My siblings and their dates where seated with my parents. DH's sister was seated with her FI, their kids, DH's mom/DH's mom's family. The Best Man and the GM that were DH's best friends were seated with their S/Os at a table with our other friends.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    ...are ridiculous.

Oh. Wait, was this not fill in the blank? Damn.

We are doing a sweetheart table. Our WP will be with their dates at two big tables.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You can post more than four poll options, but you need to scroll down a bit. The formatting is there but it's screwy.
  • Options
    We did neither.  We had our sweetheart table and then our WP sat at two side tables with their dates and some mutual friends.
  • Options
    SO GLAD we did a sweetheart table!  It was the only time DH and I got by ourselves all night.  

Our WP sat at three different tables--my sister and her BF sat with my parents, my BIL and his wife sat with my ILs, and the rest of the WP sat at a table with their dates and other mutual friends who were guests at the wedding but not in the WP.  Talk about the party table!  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Ours was sort of a lounge setup, so it wasn't really tables.  DH and I didn't even really end up sitting together, we got caught up in our own conversations with other people and ended up a little bit apart.  Funny story, I was one of the last to grab my food, so all of the seats were taken!  One of my sisters gave up her seat on the couch as soon as she saw that I didn't have anywhere to sit so I wouldn't have to sit on the floor (which I wouldn't have minded, but would have been somewhat difficult in the dress).
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I am COMPLETELY undecided. When we selected the wedding party (which we did too far in advance, but thankfully only a bit of drama has happened, nothing we couldn't handle and it would have happened without the wedding) I asked all of them how they felt and they said they were fine with the head table without dates...but most of them were just coming off bad relationships or hadn't had one in a while.

NOW: all the girls have a S/O, 1 BM boyfriend has a child, one of the GM is dating FI's ex and she is not a fan of me, and 1 other GM isn't dating anyone. I keep meaning to ask them how they feel now, but keep forgetting.
  • Options
    Option 5: Other

We just reserved 3 tables for us and the WP and immediate family to sit at. Just round tables like everyone else and they weren't sectioned off from everyone else.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did a sweetheart table and the WP members were scattered about at various tables - with their dates / fiance(e)s / spouses / children.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    We had a sweetheart table and seated our wedding party as regular guests at various tables.
  • Options
    We are having a head table with us and our families...so my parents, my brother and his wife and their two kids; and this his parents, his sister and her husband and their two kids.

Wedding party will be disbursed among first 3 tables or so up front (with their dates/SO/families)
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards