Wedding Party
Options

flower girl

My fiance and I would love for his best friend's (who is the best man) little daughter to be our flower girl.  The girl's father is divorced from the girl's mother and although he said he is delighted that we'd want his daughter as our flower girl, I am worried about his ex-wife.  She is kinda crazy and doesn't like my fiance, so I am worried that if it would be her week to have the daughter, she would at first agree to switch weeks with him and then at the last minute take it back.  Should I personally call her and ask, or should I just let the best man deal with her?  Any suggestions as to how to deal with her?

Re: flower girl

• Options
    This is one situation you definitely need to stay out of.  This concerns your friend, his ex-wife and their daughter.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Right, I agree.  But since she is the little girl's mom, do I have to call her as well to ask her permission? Is just the dad's ok enough?
  • Options
    Do you have a relationship with the mother?  If you do, then ask her.  From your post though, it sounds like you don't.  I would ask the father if he wants you to call his ex-wife.  Chances are he's going to say no.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I agree with tldh.  Let the best man talk with his ex-wife about it.  It's not your place to start talking about custody arrangements with her. 

At some point the best man may want you to talk with her, just to hammer out the details or something, but let him start the dialogue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards