Wedding Party
Options

WP Tuesday!

Hey everyone!  How is the night / week going?

Re: WP Tuesday!

• Options
    Stina, that's weird about the washing machine!!

And Man, unfortunately :-(

I've had a few tearful conversations with DH.  I know we'll make condo living with the baby work, but I was just hoping to not have to even think about it.  Unfortunately we're looking more and more like we'll be in the condo when the baby is here.

And well, we'll figure out whatever we need to figure out as much of a bummer as it is.
  • Options
    No, banana! You WILL sell your condo. Soon. It's going to happen. Just like I'm going to get a job soon too. December will be a great month.

You'll see =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    How about Nov. 30 (interview is Dec. 1)?  ;)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    There does seem to be a slew of interesting posts.

And there does need to be a change at some time!  Congrats BB!
  • Options
    ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Perfect. I'm seriously going to host a thread where we all get on and just send out goodness. Like I said, the powers that be can only hold out for so long...

Photobucket
  • Options
    I like the way you think!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-tuesday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c89cea15-7af3-4637-b2a8-e2c8b211591dPost:502367c5-c6e7-4a70-add1-65651e59ca0a">Re: WP Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In regard to the past week on WP, all I can say is W...T...F...?
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

I've been reading WP for all of a week, and I'm like "woah." Debating whether these girls are legit crazy and wanting to fire everyone who isn't standing at attention with their heels shined and their dresses at the ready or whether they are trying to get a rise out of you regular knotties. Either way, virtual slaps need to happen.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm beginning to suspect we're being trolled.  There have just been wayyy too many firing posts.

As for the rest, things have been good.  We finally have all of our STD stuff, so we just need to assemble and mail! :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Ugh, I started booking the flight for the interview 20 minutes ago, then got a phone call, came back and it had timed out so I had to restart...fare went up by $30 each way :(  Why oh why do airlines do this to me?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Hehe, I too am a frequent flier... and frequently screwed. Smile Once the rate goes up, they won't see a lower rate, necessarily, but the chances of it going up on them are much lower, or some nonsense of the sort. Basically it's one big scam to take your money, because hey, what are ya gonna do? Drive?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I guess I feel betrayed because it was one of the few airlines I actually trust.  Oh well, you gotta spend money to make money.  And I am NOT driving through the Rockies in December, so yeah, they win this round.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    If it's IP tracking and you have a laptop, you should be able to trick it by logging on from a different location.

Today was kind of awful.  I woke up at about 2am because my shoulder was stiff, and I finally got back to sleep after I'd found the Icy Hot.  Then it was raining, so I had to leave an extra hour early to take the bus.  So, naturally, my train was nearly a half hour late.  And then I got stuck at work, so I missed my normal train home and had to take a later one, where I couldn't read because a couple of guys next to me were talking the whole time.

Thankfully, I came home to a delicious dinner from DH.  Made everything all better.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Meh, it's done.  Time to move on with my life :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Oh, and Obama is giving a speech on campus on Friday, and shiit is bananas.  I really want to call out, but I took last Friday off because we were going out of town, so I'm stuck.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Aerin, I feel like we have the same job. You work IT for a college right?

I HATE special events. We had homecoming this weekend and I could not do anything because I spent most of the time trying not to run over drunk alumni while driving to computer labs.

Yay for husbands who can cook. My FI will be one of those, thank goodness.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-tuesday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c89cea15-7af3-4637-b2a8-e2c8b211591dPost:51f84732-aa81-4863-9fcd-101c8702a86a">Re: WP Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WP Tuesday! : So does this mean no California bar exam?
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]
    God I hope so.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    I had today off, which is fun except I didn't spend enough time job searching.

Our diplomas are finally all framed and on the wall, which is good and bad.  I like seeing them, but at the same time it reminds me that I can't find a full time job with a Master's degree.

And DH has been cooking more and more since I'm not usually home at dinner time.  He's always been able to cook, but now he is cooking on his own.  He's never done that before because he thought he couldn't do it - while he's great at every step of cooking, he wasn't confident to follow the recipes entirely on his own.  Now he just finds recipes in his favorite of my cookbooks that he knows are 'easy' enough for him to make and goes for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-tuesday-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:c89cea15-7af3-4637-b2a8-e2c8b211591dPost:954d9179-e812-4f63-aba8-61170f21cc34">Re: WP Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had today off, which is fun except I didn't spend enough time job searching. Our diplomas are finally all framed and on the wall, which is good and bad.  I like seeing them, but at the same time it reminds me that I can't find a full time job with a Master's degree. And DH has been cooking more and more since I'm not usually home at dinner time.  He's always been able to cook, but now he is cooking on his own.  He's never done that before because he thought he couldn't do it - while he's great at every step of cooking, he wasn't confident to follow the recipes entirely on his own.  Now he just finds recipes in his favorite of my cookbooks that he knows are 'easy' enough for him to make and goes for it.
    Posted by gottahavashorti[/QUOTE]
    Gotta--unless I ace my interview, I'll be unemployed with a professional degree.  We'll drink together.  It'll be much fun.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    I do indeed.  I loved doing Special Events at Disney, because it meant doing something different and seeing different parts of the resort, which was always nice.  But now, I loathe them.  The Laker parade for the last two years has gone right past campus, which made things a madhouse.  I'm hoping that I can hide in my office on Friday.

• Options
    Our office pretty much hates any sort of special event thing. It really makes our jobs way too hard.

Photobucket
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WP Tuesday! : Gotta--unless I ace my interview, I'll be unemployed with a professional degree.  We'll drink together.  It'll be much fun.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]
    Sweet.  I keep seeing people posting on facebook about getting jobs really quickly after they start searching, and have to remind myself that I know a lot of people with bachelor's and master's that have been searching for full time jobs as long as I have or up to two years while working part time jobs or jobs that aren't related to their education.
  • Options
    You're definitely not alone.  DH has an MBA and he was out of work for a year :(  
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    I'm sending positive vibes out for everyone :) I'm a generally optimistic person.

As per my earlier post, things are looking up...my cousin's coming over to hang out tomorrow night and we're going out with some friends :) We'll go and see FFIL on Thursday, provided everything goes well...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards