Wedding Party

Two Maids of Honor?!?

I am recently engaged and have already asked my best friend since middle school to be my maid of honor. It wasn't even something that needed to be considered, I always knew it would be her. Obviously we are super close and talk almost everyday, see each other very often. I also have already asked my bridesmaids, 6 of them.
   However I have been thinking that I have 2 best friends, 2 girls that I am super close to, would do anything for and vice versa.
    I also talk to bestie # 2 ( whom I met in highschool ) almost everyday and see her just as much. I did ask her to be a bridesmaid, but am considering asking her to be a maid of honor as well. They are both the closest people to me,  right up there with the man I'm so happy to be marrying. I couldn't imagine either of them not being there beside me.
   But I am worried about hurting bestie # 1's feelings by asking a 2nd Maid of honor. I don't want her to feel less special or less important me, but have suspicion she will. They are both single by the way. What to do?!?!

Re: Two Maids of Honor?!?

• I don't think them being single or married has anything to do with it. If you are equally close to both of these women, then there is nothing wrong with asking both to be your maid of honor.

My sister was my matron of honor and my best friend since childhood was my maid of honor. Neither was hurt (that I know of) as they are both adults and realize how much they mean to me. 

The only suggestion I have is that if you do ask the second woman to also be a MOH, that you tell your current MOH. Don't let her hear it from someone else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Your wedding isn't for 14 more months.  Don't ask anyone to do anything yet.  Friendships change and you may feel differently six months from now.  

However, if you feel the same way in 6 months, I agree with PP.
  • Either ask them both or have no MOH. Bridesmaids all do the same thing anyway. There's really no reason for titles, especially if it is going to stress you out. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thanks! I just wanted opinions seeing as the 2, I normally go to for advice couldn't be asked on this subject!
  • no problem with having two! if they are that close to you they shouldn't get offended that there is more than one. I agree though, speak to #1 first and explain so she doesn't hear it through the grape vine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards