Wedding Party
Options

Bridal Party gifts...

When I search "bridal party gifts" on google or anywhere else, I see a bunch of gifts I consider to be either cheesy or just not appropriate as a bridal party gift...I'm getting a lot of tote bags, flip flops, flasks.... Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice, classy gift OR for an actual store or website to go to that has nice knick knacks?

Re: Bridal Party gifts...

• Options
    Shop for them like it's their birthday.  They don't need to be matched or anything like that, and definitely shouldn't have anything to do with the wedding.  Got a music lover?  Get her tickets to see her favorite band.  Get the foodie a gift card to a restaurant.  And etc. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  Shop like it's a birthday or Christmas gift - not like it needs to fit a theme.
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    I'm obsessed with the "...of the month" ideas. I have a feeling each of my girls is getting a different one (like bacon)
  • Options
    never heard of bacon of the month - that one is interesting.

Yep, holiday/birthday shopping is the way to go. Books for the reader, collectible for the antique lover, etc.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Instead of knick knacks or looking for wedding-specific websites, follow the other girls' suggestions and shop for each girl like you would at her birthday or a holiday. This means thinking about each persons' hobbies / personality / style. The BM gifts do NOT have to match since each girl probably is not a clone of the other.

Think about what each person likes and go from there - the coffee lover might get a nice bag of gourmet blend, a fun new mug or two, a gift card to Starbucks or a travel thermos, some biscotti.

The wine lover - a bottle of nice wine, a new opener, some wine charms for when she entertains, maybe one of those portable wine bottle carriers if she takes some on a picnic or tailgating....nice coasters, etc.

The music lover - a t-shirt from her favorite band, CD, i-Tunes gift card, concert tix if they're in your budget and she'd like that...

The spa girl - gc for some spa treatments - maybe the 2 of you can go together to relax post-wedding and catch up once you're not in Bride and BM mode?

You see the point here - a gift tailored to each person's interests and style is much more meaningful than some generic present and anything from the wedding industry usually.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Well, stop searching for "bridal party gifts," because those all suck.  They don't all have to get the same thing (though it's nice if their value is all in a similar price point).  If you're having trouble thinking of something, focus on your shared interests.  So you can get her something that she'll not only enjoy on its own, but will make her think of you when she sees or uses it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-gifts-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cb69ac51-756b-41ac-8587-416b9f2364eaPost:d24b03be-70ef-4472-ba37-666105ac8727">Re: Bridal Party gifts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<u><strong>Well, stop searching for "bridal party gifts," because those all suck.</strong></u>  They don't all have to get the same thing (though it's nice if their value is all in a similar price point).  If you're having trouble thinking of something, focus on your shared interests.  So you can get her something that she'll not only enjoy on its own, but will make her think of you when she sees or uses it.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

And there exactly is why you've been so missed aerin.  Such a simple solution!  I should have seen it myself.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Good advice, everyone!

Thank you so much :)
  • Options
    For the girls... a piece of jewelry from Swaroski Crystal.  www.Swarovski.com
    Get each of your girls, a different piece of jewelry or all the same.  They have beautiful pieces.

For the men, a customized sport bathrobe.  www.SportRobe.com
    Put their last name and favorite number on the back of their favorite sports team.  They men will love them.

FYI, when you do theme baskets it adds up quickly and it doesn't look like much and it is very forgetful. 
  • Options
    Please don't go for an all-in-one gift if that's not their style.  Tools always work for DH but despite being a big Yankee fan, he still doesn't want a ton of sports stuff.
  • Options
    Mishdish, what's with responding to all the old posts?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options

I think this is pure torture looking for gifts.  I have been searching all of these comments for something different.  I sent my fiancee the bathrobe link and he loved it.  So thank you mishdish -

Now, can someone please give a good idea for the ladies!!! 

• Options
    Cargirl, think "birthday gift". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards