Wedding Party
Options

Issues with deciding the wedding party

I am in the wedding planning process and just recently my fiance and I have decided how many people we wanted in the wedding party. I wanted 3 BM's and he couldn't decide on only three GM's so, he decided on 4, we ideally, would like both sides to be even. I am unsure how to chose a BM and what's appropriate. I have friends from high school that I have lost touch with, but was very close with in high school, do you ask those individuals. Do you ask people, knowing that you will not be apart of their wedding party? I am a little torn on what to do and how to make everything work.

Re: Issues with deciding the wedding party

• Options
    I feel your frustration.  I have 5 girls and he has 4 guys (and my 5th girl is his sister) and we get comments from his mom that "it looks like he has no friends..."  I was cool with uneven and having one guy paired with 2 girls but to appease his mom he's looking to ask a 5th.  And since she has issues with some of our other decisions, like not inviting childern, then this was an easy one to give in on... 

Moral of the story, do what you are comfortable with and that applies to either leaving it uneven or, if you much prefer to be even for whatever reason, to select someone who is important to you.  Your wedding = you decide what makes you happy.  If happy = even sides, fine, and if not, that's fine too. 
  • Options
    Your FMIL will live with uneven sides, balasj.  Mine did.  She was convinced it would look bad, but come the day of, she didn't even notice.  And she's been diagnosed with OCD and has no filter, so we have no doubt she would have said something if she did notice it.  She was too busy watching her son get married with her other son as best man to count heads :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_issues-deciding-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ccf23cca-9c3e-45f4-8d8d-5af5ad7c3a03Post:8071ece3-31c6-4a18-9825-5764420a5c44">Re: Issues with deciding the wedding party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel your frustration.  I have 5 girls and he has 4 guys (and my 5th girl is his sister) and we get comments from his mom that "it looks like he has no friends..."  I was cool with uneven and having one guy paired with 2 girls but to appease his mom he's looking to ask a 5th.  And since she has issues with some of our other decisions, like not inviting childern, then this was an easy one to give in on...  Moral of the story, do what you are comfortable with and that applies to either leaving it uneven or, if you much prefer to be even for whatever reason, to select someone who is important to you.  Your wedding = you decide what makes you happy.  <strong>If happy = even sides, fine, and if not, that's fine too. </strong>
    Posted by balasj[/QUOTE]
    Generally if your happiness depends on treating people like props, there's something wrong.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards