Wedding Party
Options

FG help!

My cousin and I are both getting married within a year of each other.  She is having 3 of our little cousins (now 8, 5, and 2) as her flower girls.  I decided before I was engaged that I only wanted the 5 year old (she's my god daughter).  My aunt has told me that her girls are thrilled to be my flower girls and they are already looking at dresses.  Its fine that my cousin wants all three (her wedding party is much larger than mine) but I don't know how to approach the subject with my aunt.  I have a feeling that she's going to freak out and turn this into a huge family matter, something that she does often.  I kind of feel like this is my wedding and I only want one of her children.  TO be fair though, I am a little bitter because when she got married (the first time and had 9 bridesmaids) I begged to be a FG and she only asked my cousin because she was her godchild.  What do I do?

Re: FG help!

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    "Sorry, Aunt, but I think there's been a misunderstanding. FI and I only want one flower girl."

If she gets mad, tough.
  • Options
    yeah that's actually really rude that she just assumes they are going to be in your wedding.
    let her know that there was a misunderstanding, that while so and so is having all three, you want a small wedding party so you will just be having your god daughter.

Ultimately it's YOUR wedding, YOUR decision.
  • Options
    I would sit down with her and tell her that you only want the 5 year old in your wedding since she is your god-daughter.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d26d584f-c0ec-4870-a414-0830fa6fd25dPost:c45b814b-801d-457a-98c2-d7c2cddcfa87">Re: FG help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would sit down with her and tell her that you only want the 5 year old in your wedding since she is your god-daughter.
    Posted by kristeno90[/QUOTE]

This. and it's not that difficult
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d26d584f-c0ec-4870-a414-0830fa6fd25dPost:c45b814b-801d-457a-98c2-d7c2cddcfa87">Re: FG help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would sit down with her and tell her that you only want the 5 year old in your wedding since she is your god-daughter.
    Posted by kristeno90[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Hopefully she will understand!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards