Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Hoodies

I am having an October 2011 Wedding, and I want to get the BM's Zip Up's to wear that day as we get ready, but I want them to be something they will wear again. I am trying to decide if I should have something put on them or not, I was thinking I could just have there monograms on them or something. I am looking for opinions, If you were to get a hoodie would you prefer that it was just plain? or would something simple be ok? I don't want them to say Bridesmaid on them because personally that's not something that I would wear again. Thanks Girls!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridesmaid Hoodies

• Options
    Personally, I wouldn't wear anything that was monogrammed again.  I'm honestly not sure whether I'd wear a solid one, though.  I've had occassion to wear a hoodie maybe twice in the last 5 years, so...

Even still, they'll be much more likely to wear something that doesn't have anything on it than something with a monogram or something.  Just get them their favorite colors.  
  • Options
    Leave them plain if you want them to wear them again.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    this is what I was leaning towards as well, I think I will just leave them solid color's with nothing on them.
  • Options
    Definitely plain.
    panther
  • Options
    Plain. I would never wear anything monogrammed with my name or initial. I'd gladly do it for your photo op, but I wouldn't wear it after that.

Or, if you really want their initials for a photo ... get them each one of those rhinestone initial pins with their first initials (I think the Avon catalog has them, or try eBay) ... they can put the pins on for a photo op if you want, and then they can take them off and go on their merry way with a plain hoodie afterward.

And just my two cents, my BMs wore their own hoodies while we were getting ready, so it's probably not something you HAVE to buy for them (if you'd rather put the money toward another gift).  
  • Options
    acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Leave them plain, get them in a favorite color. But make sure it's something your friends would wear. I don't wear hoodies often, so I wouldn't be too quick to wear it again whether it said "Bridesmaid," was monogrammed, or just plain. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I know that it's something that my girls will wear, most of them live in hoodies! :) But I would be getting zip ups, I was thinking I would get them in different colors, so I will just leave them plain. I think at this point thats going to be my best bet
  • Options
    I agree with leaving them plain, and love the idea of different colors. I also think the zip up hoodie would be more usable than a pullover. Cute idea!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I <3 zip up hoodies

and I think mbc's suggestion of pins is a really good one.

I might ask my BMs if I were you though. I wasn't going to get my girls the stuff that say "Bridesmaid" on them because everyone on here is so down about it (although secretly, I think they're cute), and some of my BMs mentioned to me in passing that they wanted "Bridesmaid" stuff. I expressed my surprise, cuz I thought that they (like most of the people on here) would think it's dumb, which freed every single one of them to pile on their desire for t-shirts/totes that say BM. I get that it's not to everyone's style, but I think that you should get your girls what THEY would like, not what a bunch of strangers online do. And if you end up with half monogrammed, half plain... so be it.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options

Hey! I'm not sure if you have an H&M near you, but they have really cute zip-ups in really fun colors for $20! They are really cute and really comfy (I'm wearing one right now!)

• Options
    Hey thanks for the tip! I don't have one by me, but I love them! I might just have to look online!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards