Wedding Party

eloping then reception later... what to do?

My fiance and I are going to have a private ceremony with just the two of us. We plan on having a big party/reception back home at a later date. Any ideas on how I could honor those who I would have chosen to be in my wedding party? Or should I even do anything? I want to do something but cant decide....

Re: eloping then reception later... what to do?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_eloping-then-reception-later-what-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:dae91c76-a440-47fb-8334-1b52fa2268a7Post:228c1520-bfa3-472b-bb71-66fba5ecc3c6">eloping then reception later... what to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are going to have a private ceremony with just the two of us. We plan on having a big party/reception back home at a later date. Any ideas on how I could honor those who I would have chosen to be in my wedding party? Or should I even do anything? I want to do something but cant decide....
    Posted by carriedmcgee[/QUOTE]

Since you are having an AHR, there is no need to do all of the formalities of a typical wedding and it could make things more awkward.  I would write each of them a nice note or something.

Maybe others will have some better ideas as I have zero creativity.

• You could give them a flower to wear.  Or sit with them at the reception.
  • I would just keep it simple. You can definitely throw a party, but I would skip any "re do" ceremonies and skip the WP. You will already be married, so just concentrate on having a really awesome and fun party. Have food, a DJ/band, whatever you want, but skip the "wedding" stuff like tosses and whatnot. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_eloping-then-reception-later-what-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:dae91c76-a440-47fb-8334-1b52fa2268a7Post:960ca595-3132-4c4f-9e30-b2c024b29b5c">Re: eloping then reception later... what to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just keep it simple. You can definitely throw a party, but I would skip any "re do" ceremonies and skip the WP. You will already be married, so just concentrate on having a really awesome and fun party. Have food, a DJ/band, whatever you want, but skip the "wedding" stuff like tosses and whatnot. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

thats exactly my plan. definately no re-do ceremony... a big ceremony is what im trying to avoid. :)

Trying to keep it simple and not do any of that "wedding stuff" like you mentioned... but at the same time, still make it feel like a wedding reception.... eeek!
  • Maybe sit those you who would have chosen to be in your WP at your table (while making sure you don't split up couples)?
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_eloping-then-reception-later-what-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:dae91c76-a440-47fb-8334-1b52fa2268a7Post:ad0ef91b-a8b9-4387-b0d4-a3e05c00813b">Re: eloping then reception later... what to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe sit those you who would have chosen to be in your WP at your table (while making sure you don't split up couples)?
    Posted by TiffannieF[/QUOTE]

PERFECT! Thanks!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I also like Tiffanie's suggestion. You can also thank your guests, and if your parents or friends ask you if they can give a toast, I think that's fine too. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards