Wedding Party
Options

Unique wedding party gifts

Hi everyone! I need some suggestions on what to get my bridesmaids and MOH. Everyone has been so wonderful and I want to get them something unique and really meaningful (no embroidered totes, bridesmaids t-shirts, etc). Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Trini Bride

Re: Unique wedding party gifts

• Options
    What are they interested in?

My gifts in bio
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Good question! Just to sum it up: I've got 1 girl who is a salsa dancer, 1 is my 19 year old sister (she likes anything vintage), my MOH is an aspiring fashion designer, one is a teacher and likes to shop and the last one is 17 (typical high school kid).
  • Options
    Take the words "wedding party" out of your thought process.  WP gifts don't need to be, nor should they be matchy-matchy, and they don't have to be, nor should they be, wedding related.

Don't shop for your WP.  Shop for your friends.  It's so much easier!  As many here will tell you, pretend it's their birthday.  Now go shopping.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    salsa dancer: stylish gym bag to carry her clothes, dance shoes, tickets to a show she'd love to see

vintage sister: retro jewelry (cameo pin, pearls), vintage clothing or handbag

aspiring fashion designer: sewing machine or accessories, sketch pad and pencils

teacher who likes to shop: gift card to her favorite store, funny things for her desk (coffee mug, a little toy or bobblehead)

teenager: something with a brand name (purse, sunglasses, shirt), makeup, gift card to iTunes or a store she likes

Just some ideas. Any thoughts as to what they each might love? What would they buy if they had some extra cash lying around?
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I got my 3 BMs some kind of random things they would like & need.

These tote bags:
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/search/processRequest.do?Ntt=bridemaid+tote+bags&requestURI=searchMain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0

Filled with: 

(silver satin) Clutch purses (Claire's) (1 BM really wanted one & she was with me when I got these, so I just got 2 more. They can use them if they want to.)

Necklaces ($20 Kay's Valentine's Sterling Silver special)

Earrings (Etsy seller YJewelry)

(rhinestone) Headband (Icing)

Wedding Kleenex (Michael's)

1 Shout Wipe

1 heart candle (I got a few for a centerpiece idea & they didn't work. So...yeah, I'm pawning some off haha. My E-ring is a heart shape & a "small" theme of the wedding.)

2 rose-scented sachets (we're carrying roses)

rose-scented (white) petal soap (like this...but different. Got mine @ Dollar Tree. http://www.wrapwithus.com/Products/Lavender-soap-rose-with-shredded-lavender-soap-confetti__6021-DC.aspx)

small lotion, lip gloss, & hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works

compact mirror (http://www.wrapwithus.com/Products/Handbag-Design-Compact-Mirror__13309-DC.aspx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards