Wedding Party
Options

Don't use Ann Taylor for Bridesmaid's Dresses

Ok, so I don't usually post negative comments but here's the situation. I have been in contact with AnnTaylor for over 2 months regarding the bridesmaid's dresses I picked. Long story short, after 2 months of being assured they would be available I have today been told that "we are a boutique store and never wanted so many customers". They have no dresses available and have no interest in helping me get them. I am now 3 months from my wedding date and I am having to pick new dresses. Ladies, I have been a fan of AnnTaylor for over 15 years but this is unacceptable. My advice: if you are planning a wedding or special occasion, don't include AnnTaylor in your plans.

Re: Don't use Ann Taylor for Bridesmaid's Dresses

• Options
    Were they not available to order from the website?  Malphabet had a good experience with Ann Taylor.
  • Options
    I was gonna say...I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience with Ann Taylor.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_dont-use-ann-taylor-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:dd003976-de51-41dc-8ec7-c9c2f3c9c52cPost:076a7bae-af25-4cd2-8524-3a0b80668503">Don't use Ann Taylor for Bridesmaid's Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so I don't usually post negative comments but here's the situation. I have been in contact with AnnTaylor for over 2 months regarding the bridesmaid's dresses I picked. Long story short, after 2 months of being assured they would be available I have today been told that <strong>"we are a boutique store and never wanted so many customers"</strong>. They have no dresses available and have no interest in helping me get them. I am now 3 months from my wedding date and I am having to pick new dresses. Ladies, I have been a fan of AnnTaylor for over 15 years but this is unacceptable. My advice: if you are planning a wedding or special occasion, don't include AnnTaylor in your plans.
    Posted by carrieannpa[/QUOTE]

Are you leaving something out?  Retail profits are down.  Any business is glad to have the customers they have, including boutique stores.  Why would a business say they have too many customers?  Doesn't make sense.  Just saying.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think your expectations were too high. Ann Taylor is not totally a bridal store. WHile they have a bridal section on the website, I'm quite sure they are not in the business of planning your purchase 2 months in advance. I am also quite sure that they have an inventory system that does not allow for special purchases out of the norm.

Why the heck wouldn't you just order what you need online? If its out of stock, it will say so, and you can pick something else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

My bridesmaids' dresses were from Ann Taylor and we had zero problems with them. We actually had to do a couple returns and exchanges, and I was very pleased with how all of that went. I only had two bridesmaids, and I ordered their dresses together on my own credit card and they were not on clearance at the time, so it was a pretty cut-and-dry process.

What happened? Were you ordering a lot of dresses? Were they on clearance? Did they have limited sizes available when you ordered? Did you decide on them a few weeks/months prior to the ordering time, and by the time you ordered they were sold out?
  • Options
    I've had to buy Ann Taylor dresses before and had nothing but positive experiences with them.  You must remember that they do not specialize in bridesmaid and bridal fashion so they don't work on timelines like bridal stores do.

Why didn't you just order 2 months ago when you knew what you wanted?  That is part that doesn't make sense to me.

You are also the first person I have ever heard complain about Ann Taylor, so I would be inclined to think you were leaving something out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards