Options

MOH engaged

Sorry ladies..I'm just going to remove my post just to be safe

Re: MOH engaged

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    As long as you only express those sentiments here, you'll be fine. 

I had a friend get engaged soon after I did, and it's actually been really nice to talk wedding with somebody who's going through the same thing.  Only brides truly understand how exciting picking a menu can be.

Edit - since you have such an identifiable knot name, and there's a possibility your MOH will visit TK, I'd keep all negative MOH opinions to myself.
  • Options
    I was acually the one that got engaged back when I was My best friend MOH and her other MOH was engaged too. It was kind of weird becuase Her other MOH was engaged to a marine, so she dropped out of the wedding and ran off to Cali and got hitched. So I made the bride my MOH too, which was weird, but make sure if you guys go wedding dress shopping or something, you do things at seperate times, dont go shopping for both of your dresses at the same time, or your venues at the same time, make sure that one girl gets the spot light at a time, it will make things run alot smoother and no one will get jealous.
    LOVE IS SWEET!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-engaged-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de2b7b07-e8da-4411-8648-c873da19f5c6Post:0be02fba-291a-4048-9458-292f12818cb2">Re: MOH engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was acually the one that got engaged back when I was My best friend MOH and her other MOH was engaged too. It was kind of weird becuase Her other MOH was engaged to a marine, so she dropped out of the wedding and ran off to Cali and got hitched. So I made the bride my MOH too, which was weird, but make sure if you guys go wedding dress shopping or something, you do <strong>things at seperate times, dont go shopping for both of your dresses at the same time, or your venues at the same time, make sure that one girl gets the spot light at a time, it will make things run alot smoother and no one will get jealous.</strong>
    Posted by foreverurz23[/QUOTE]

<div>This is totally what I was thinking. It can be fun to plan your wedding with your MOH planning hers but don't make it a competition or anything. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-engaged-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:de2b7b07-e8da-4411-8648-c873da19f5c6Post:3aa63f73-9321-4ae5-88c6-c1d567f81e7d">Re: MOH engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as you only express those sentiments here, you'll be fine.  I had a friend get engaged soon after I did, and it's actually been really nice to talk wedding with somebody who's going through the same thing.  Only brides truly understand how exciting picking a menu can be. Edit - since you have such an identifiable knot name, and there's a possibility your MOH will visit TK, I'd keep all negative MOH opinions to myself.
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  One of my BM's got engaged 2 months after me and its been nice having someone in "wedding mode" to talk about things with.  She can understand my excitement over wedding stuff and understand the frustration that can sometimes accompany it....its nice having her to chat it all up with :)

• Options
    Hey ladies,

Actually I have booked everything. I have my dress and the BMs as well. Hers is very recent. My wedding is in August so there's quite a bit of time from now. I'm just concerned that she is going to want to plan her wedding now when I'm in the middle of my own wedding. 
    For the most part where I'm from it could take a year to plan everything especially if you are having a traditional wedding because I know she will likely have one. 
    She's also going to be around for a couple of showers and I just don't want it to be about her engagement, you know showing off her ring and talking about it the whole time. 
    I know, I know I sound awful. I just would not do that if i were in her place. 

They haven't set a date yet anyway so maybe she'll wait to plan until after my wedding. I know not everything has to be about me but she was definitely more excited about the engagement than I was (not that I wasn't) which leads me to believe that she may start planning soon.

I want to be excited more for her but with my own stuff to worry about, I can't give that full "OMG, you're engaged, have you set a date?".
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-engaged-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:de2b7b07-e8da-4411-8648-c873da19f5c6Post:a557baf7-d9af-44e8-8675-f0481ad49355">Re: MOH engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, Actually I have booked everything. I have my dress and the BMs as well. Hers is very recent. My wedding is in August so there's quite a bit of time from now. <strong>I'm just concerned that she is going to want to plan her wedding now when I'm in the middle of my own wedding.</strong>  For the most part where I'm from it could take a year to plan everything especially if you are having a traditional wedding because I know she will likely have one.  <strong>She's also going to be around for a couple of showers and I just don't want it to be about her engagement, you know showing off her ring and talking about it the whole time.  I know, I know I sound awful. I just would not do that if i were in her place.</strong>  They haven't set a date yet anyway so maybe she'll wait to plan until after my wedding. I know not everything has to be about me but she was definitely more excited about the engagement than I was (not that I wasn't) which leads me to believe that she may start planning soon. I want to be excited more for her but with my own stuff to worry about, I can't give that full "OMG, you're engaged, have you set a date?".
    Posted by CaylaSummer[/QUOTE]

So what if she does b/c more than likely that is exactly what is going to happen? 
    Do you really think your friend is out to steal your "wedding thunder" ?  Just because you are getting married doesnt mean time stops for everyone else.

Do you really think your friend is going to run around your shower hogging the spotlight by parading her ring off to others?  Why wouldnt you just want to embrace the excitement WITH her?

IMO, you SHOULD have been more excited for her.  Again, just b/c you are planning your wedding doesnt mean everything and everyone else is less important. 

How would you feel if someone spoke about you this way?  I find this very hurtful to your friend.

• Options

And btw...I couldnt have been more excited for my BM who is also my BF that got engaged 2 months after me.  I actually helped with the surprise part of it all and couldnt have been more thrilled for her!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-engaged-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:de2b7b07-e8da-4411-8648-c873da19f5c6Post:a557baf7-d9af-44e8-8675-f0481ad49355">Re: MOH engaged</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, Actually I have booked everything. I have my dress and the BMs as well. Hers is very recent. My wedding is in August so there's quite a bit of time from now.<strong> I'm just concerned that she is going to want to plan her wedding now when I'm in the middle of my own wedding</strong>.  For the most part where I'm from it could take a year to plan everything especially if you are having a traditional wedding because I know she will likely have one.  She's also going to be around for a couple of showers and I just don't want it to be about her engagement, you know showing off her ring and talking about it the whole time.  I know, I know I sound awful. I just would not do that if i were in her place.  They haven't set a date yet anyway so maybe she'll wait to plan until after my wedding. I know not everything has to be about me but she was definitely more excited about the engagement than I was (not that I wasn't) which leads me to believe that she may start planning soon. I want to be excited more for her but with my own stuff to worry about, I can't give that full "OMG, you're engaged, have you set a date?".
    Posted by CaylaSummer[/QUOTE]
    So, can you explain to me why it would be an issue for your MOH to plan her wedding while you're planning your wedding? 
  • Options
    I got engagedd just before one of my friend's showers, I had thought of not wearing my ring because I wanted to make sure that it wasn't about me at all.  Since I never take my ring off unless I'm out for a long walk (My fingers swell up) I wore it.  She's the one who brought up my engagement and wanted to see my ring.  I made sure I saw hers since she lived in Chicago. 

I think you should just be happy for her and know she's not going to let her wedding get in the way of yours.  But if she is planning her wedding that doesn't stop you from planning yours.  The MOH is not required to help you plan.
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    okay thanks everyone
  • Options

My MOH is getting married a month after I am, and I am her MOH as well. (Hard to make that sound right!) Anyway, being each others' MOHs and planning at the same time hasn't caused any problems. Don't worry about it - you will both shine on your respective wedding days, enjoy having someone to plan with, but as someone else said, don't shop for dresses etc on the same day! Good luck!

• Options
    My MOH is getting married one month after me and I am her MOH, she has been engaged FOREVER, I got engaged about two years after her, set at date, she set her date about the same time and said that we really inspired her and her FI to plan their wedding. 

Yes people will ask about her wedding when we are doing things for my wedding (dres shopping) and vice versa.  Its a non-issue.  In fact it has been really fun planning together, talking wedding, bouncing ideas off each other.  I've enjoyed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards