Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell?

Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person?

Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)?

Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord:
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell?  There was one girl who lived in the house for a while who was kind of a hot mess.  Shortly after I moved in, I had to be part of a house vote to kick her out because she was behind on rent.  She was nice, though, even though she could be a bit obnoxious.  I never had to live with anyone too awful.

Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person?  My mom was a neat freak.  I definitely like when things are clean, but it takes a combination of time and energy I very rarely have.  I'm actually taking a sick day today to get caught up on housework (and to avoid the varnish fumes in my office because they're resealing the room next door.)

Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)?  I haven't had a whole lot of roommates, actually.  I went all through college without one (several suitemates, but all we shared was the bathroom).  When I took a year off, I crashed for part of the time with my friend and her boyfriend (now husband), and then moved into a house with about five other people.  That was an interesting setup, certainly.  But then two of the roommates broke up, our rent got hiked up beyond what we could afford, and we all sort of splintered.  I found a place on my own (an RV in someone's driveway, that was fun), went back into the dorms for a year, then moved in with DH.

Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord:  Sleeping on my friend's couch was kind of rough.  I didn't really have my own space, and tensions got kind of high.  At one point, she and her boyfriend were having a fight and they kicked me out of the house.  I called a couple of people and found someone to hang out with until I got the all-clear.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Roommate from Hell? He wasn't from hell but I didn't like him. Living together was not a good idea. We are better at being friends when we don't live together.

Neat freak or messy? I'm a neat freak and FI is messy. I've lightened up just because I would go crazy if I didn't

More than one person? Yes, the most roommates at one time were me and two others. I've always lived with guys though. I can't stand living with girls...except for my BM...and she isn't very girly like me.

Horror story about roommate? Haven't had many landlord problems. It isn't horrible but one of my guy roommates got drunk one night and called me into the living room. I rounded the corner to enter the living room and he was doing a hand stand in the door way. He was completely naked and laughing. It was really funny to all our guy friends that were crashing at our place that night(we lived closest to downtown so we had people crashing a lot).
    Anniversary
  • Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell?
    I had one roommate sophomore year of college who was probably bipolar and unmedicated.  She would come into the room in a rage, throw things, cry, scream at people.  She ended up transferring after the first semester (thank God).  For the rest of the year, my other roommate and I got along fine.

I like an organized room.  It can be a bit messy, so long as the mess makes sense.  And I can't abide filth (dirty plates, dust, things like that).

From junior year on through grad school, I lived in apartments where I had my own room, but more than three roommates.  In graduate school, I had four roommates at one point, in a three bedroom apartment (I lived with two couples), and that seriously sucked.  For the past two years, I've lived with one other person (FI) and that's been great.

When I lived with the two couples, that was hell.  One of the couples was a gay couple where one of the guys was into serious drugs (I didn't know it at the time).  He would come home drunk and stoned out of his mind and have complete freakouts.  He tried to beat up me and his boyfriend and a friend of ours one night.  We got a restraining order against him, and I haven't seen him since 2007, thank God.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell?
    When I first went to college, I ended up being in a dorm with 3 other people.  I wasn't fond of one of them because she kept bringing all these people up and like didn't bathe regularly and didn't shave her legs.  To each their own....but she didn't smell too pleasant.

I can be pretty messy.  I won't leave dishes out, but I leave clothes and stuff out.

Just that one time in college (I switched rooms later in the semester).

I don't really have one
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited July 2010
    Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell?  I had about 20 roomates over the years in college and after college (several rounds of people in a suite + renting apts off campus) and thankfully, no. Nobody from hell. Although, later in life when I rented an apt I had 2 neighbors from hell in a row. Both of them upstairs neighbors who lived directly above me. Sooooo glad those days are long behind me now and we own a home.

Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person?  Both. More neat freak, though, I ike things in their places.

Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)?  Yes, see above. I lived in a 4-person suite in college and post-college, a 3-bdrm apt for awhile.

Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord: I lived with an ex-bf for about 2 years in an apt. We had our upstairs neighbors (a young couple like us) move out, only to be replaced by an older man who turned out to be an ex-con with a record for assault. He was also a bit off mentally and was complaining to the landlord that my then-bf and I were putting our speakers up against the wall and playing our music very loudly. We never played music and listened to the TV at reasonable levels - always being very conscientious of others. Well...turns out the other tennants on our floor were scared of him, as well - he made me very nervous - and one lady told me she put a chair up against her door at night in fear. One day in the parking lot, he confronted my then-bf and told him he'd basically attack him / knock his lights out if we kept up the "noise." We filed a police report and imemdiately moved out, breaking our lease due to the threat. We moved in with my then-bf's mother - moving all of our things into her condo. It was increidbly stressful and scary time...we ended up breaking up like a month later after 6 years together and I had to scramble to find myself an apt on my own after all that turmoil. I did - and I moved 2 days before Christmas in the middle of winter in New England. I had never lived alone before. That winter (2005 I think it was) was an absolutely horrible time in my life.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell? Yes, she texted me one day saying "I'm thinking about getting a dog" and rather than saying what I thought, I said, "that doesn't sound like a good idea." I came home that night and lo and behold, she had bought a pure bred pomeranian.
    Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person? More of a neat freak than a slob. I like putting things away and having a luxurious house.
    Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)? No, I've only EVER lived with 1 other person after I moved out of my family's house. 
    Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord: I had one that was never home which sounds nice, except that she called me from her parents' house saying that she wasn't coming back because they were sending her to a bulemia center. I had NO IDEA that she was bulemic. I felt really stupid for not seeing the signs.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-179?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e099ac09-f71b-4723-9b0f-1dbd51724eb9Post:2aa5ead1-ee7f-4e76-8be8-3f2aaf90d5fe">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell? When I first went to college, I ended up being in a dorm with 3 other people.  I wasn't fond of one of them because she kept bringing all these people up and like didn't bathe regularly and didn't shave her legs.  To each their own....but she didn't smell too pleasant.
    Posted by sparklingdiamond[/QUOTE]

You should have sprayed her with Febreze as she slept.
    Anniversary
  • Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell? I lived in Florida for a short time and one of my roommates apparently had the notion of "a woman's place is in the kitchen" or at least that since I wasn't working, I was the housekeeper/cook...he was a jerk.
    Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person? I'm a bit sloppy but not to the point of slovenliness...
    Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)? Yeah, the place in Florida...with my friend (who moved me down there), and three other guys...maybe I should have felt like Snow White? haha
    Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord: The landlord I have right now is no picnic...I swear he's bipolar...he's one of FI's co-workers and we are his first tenants ever so he doesn't know the first thing about what a landlord is responsible for. We've had to replace our washer on our own penny because he refused to, even when it was part of the lease...and speaking of leases, we don't have one right now because he's too busy selling illegal sports merchandise to give us a new lease and the original expired last month...and he threatens to evict us every other month but ten minutes later says it's all good...I wish I could move out of this house anyway...
  • Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell? not really.  one of the girls I lived with senior year was hard to live with (messy and the maturity level of a 12 yr old), but a good friend.  We've gotten a lot closer since graduation and she's one of my BMs.

Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person? messy-organized

Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)? senior year there were 4 of us in a 2-bedroom apt.  Also the summers after soph and junior year.

Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord: The condo management people turned off the hallway AC in the building.  Isn't that was we pay condo fees for?  At night it cools off to about 85 out there.
  • Did you ever have a night mare roommate from hell? My junior year of college I had a roommate that I started out loving and ended up hating. We just were not compatible roommates. 

Are you a neat freak or a bit of a messy person? I'm messy. I have to coach myself through cleaning up, because I love a clean home/work space/etc., but it takes a lot of work for me to keep it clean.

Did you ever live with more than one person (not including your family)? Yes. It was mostly a good time, but living with a lot of people is really rough.

Tell a horror story about either roommates or a landlord: Well, I'll go back to my worst roommate who I shared a dorm with my junior year. The straw that broke the camel's back for our strained relationship was when my grandmother passed away pretty unexpectedly. I left for a few days to attend the funeral, and when I came back, my side of the room was covered with her dirty clothes. They were all over the floor. It was like her hamper had spewed all over my stuff. There was garbage everywhere. The room was wrecked.

I started cleaning up, and she walked in and flopped into her bed and informed me that she was going to get a turtle, because if our RA found the turtle we wouldn't get into too much trouble.

I blew up. I told her that if she couldn't be bothered to take care of herself and her actions, there's no way she could care for another living being. It was harsh, I know. She looked at me and said, "I just lost something and was trying to find it. What's your problem?" and then didn't talk to me for 2 weeks.

That was the best 2 weeks I ever had living with her.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to pretend that I could play, but I can't really.

I like things to be clean, but I hate cleaning. If we ever get enough money where I don't have to work, I'm going to keep working and just hire a housekeeper out of pure laziness.

DH is the only other person I've lived with besides my family, lol.

But I'm poking my head in to acknowledge that Stina made a WPBP today, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I so badly want to hire a housekeeper.  Even just once a month or something.  It would be a huge help and we can afford it, but it hurts DH's pride.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-179?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e099ac09-f71b-4723-9b0f-1dbd51724eb9Post:a88e7592-f351-4b00-8b33-79e842a371c2">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I so badly want to hire a housekeeper.  Even just once a month or something.  It would be a huge help and we can afford it, but it hurts DH's pride.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

If we could afford one, we'd go for it.  It may sound selfish, but we're all about paying for convenience (Hence, why I had the easiest time in existence planning the wedding, lol).

We both like the house clean, and I will admit there is time to do it, but we both work hard, and it's just irritating to try and stay on top of it.  Like, laundry and dishes (You know, everyday stuff) aren't a huge pain, but for some reason things like scrubbing the bathroom and running the vacuum just annoy me.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards