Wedding Party
Options

It's WP Tuesday!

There have been quite a few new people on here.  Come out and introduce yourselves!

How is everyone?

Re: It's WP Tuesday!

• Options
    Hi Banana!  How's Chiquitabanana doing? 

I got to see Taryn last weekend!  DH took her to a friends beach house last weekend in NC, and I met him up there.  I AWed some pics on SB a few days ago :)

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hiiiiiiiii-got-see-baby
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi -

I'm Alison and fairly new to this board!  My fiance is Aaron and we are getting married on October 2nd in Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    I love your ring, Sapphire.
  • Options
    That is a beautiful ring.  Welcome to the board!

Tide, how great that you got to see her.   When are you back home again?
  • Options
    Banana, I return Aug 13th, so another 3 1/2 weeks to go!
  • Options
    Tide, that is one sweet l'il angel!  I really like the picture of her looking at the shark (?)~well the big fish in the aquarium.  There's just something about the tilt of her head that's really endearing.

Hooray for little toothless smiles.  They have the power to melt you into a puddle of smoosh don't they?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Trix, thank you :)  She's got all four front teeth!  Her front two are so big, she looks like a beaver :)  And she LOVED the aquarium.  At the shark tank, she liked watching the fish swim overhead.  Most of the time, she looked like this:

• Options
    BTW, Chiquita is doing well.  Had some "fun" dealing with my Rh negative blood type again today but I had a quick US and saw the baby moving around. 
  • Options
    Yay for U/S.  Banana - you need a ticker :)
  • Options
    I am about ready to kill myself....ok, a little dramatic, but I go up on Friday and our show is EMBARRASSINGLY bad! Our chorus cannot get their SHIIT together! For real. And since they can't, everytime I'm offstage, the director has asked me to pick up slack. I now have a sore throat and am not sure if I'll have anything for tomorrow!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Thanks! It's actually our local board's July SIggy Challenge...I was lucky I managed to get the picture in there..forget verbiage.. guess I am a bit board challenged :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_its-wp-tuesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e151fdb5-6b7e-4a47-99b4-5ff0198deca6Post:db291695-5cba-45fb-861e-7c50ba4714ec">Re: It's WP Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am about ready to kill myself....ok, a little dramatic, but I go up on Friday and our show is EMBARRASSINGLY bad! Our chorus cannot get their SHIIT together! For real. And since they can't, everytime I'm offstage, the director has asked me to pick up slack. I now have a sore throat and am not sure if I'll have anything for tomorrow!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]
    What do they not do that you have to do?  I have zero background with theatre so I'm intrigued.<div>
    </div><div>Glad things are good with chiquitabanana and tide, I'm really happy you got to see your DH and baby!  She's too cute!</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Oh and as for me, I took a nasty spill down the stairs on my way to court this afternoon so I have two ginormous bruises on my legs :(
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Brooke:  hope you're okay after your tumble.  Tell me there weren't a hundred people watching you fall.  I'd be purple with embarrassment!

And stina:  every show I've ever done has been a train wreck on the Monday/Tuesday before opening night.  I've told people not to come; it's awful; I'm mortified to be associated with such a performance; etc.

And then the "theater magic"  (theater fairies?  theater gods?) magically appear, and the show falls together.  I don't know how it happens, but it always seems to!  Watch:  tomorrow it will start to look like a show.  At least that's what I'm hoping for you all.  =)

I'll be waiting to hear how it goes!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Only five people or so.  It could have been worse.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_its-wp-tuesday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:e151fdb5-6b7e-4a47-99b4-5ff0198deca6Post:732b8d0a-346f-4647-8fb6-3ae212e13b85">Re: It's WP Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's WP Tuesday! : What do they not do that you have to do?  I have zero background with theatre so I'm intrigued. Glad things are good with chiquitabanana and tide, I'm really happy you got to see your DH and baby!  She's too cute!
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

<div>The chorus still does not know their songs. It's absolutely ridiculous that they don't know the words to their songs 3 days out. I sing 18 songs in the show already. I don't think I should HAVE to cover them as well. I'm not on stage so it's a time for me to rest up the vocal chords. </div><div>
    </div><div>And trix, I sure HOPE the fairies come to our production. It's the BIGGEST train wreck right now. I don't know if you've seen Sweeney Todd, the one with Angela Lansbury but we actually have the big cube set piece. The chorus cannot pull their shiit together and figure out the cues for when it needs to move. I think we also had one of the cube movers drop out today. God!</div>
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! I do know Sweeny Todd.  My niece played Mrs. Lovett when she was in college.  Tough, tough production to mount!   I'd be annoyed as well at the chorus for not knowing their songs. 

I'm now officially crossing my fingers for theater gods to work their magic tomorrow, and Thursday, and especially Friday night.

Awesome show, Sweeny Todd.  But so, so challenging!
  • Options
    I'm fairly new, I've posted a few times after lurking a couple of weeks. I'm getting married on April 2nd, 2011!

I LOVE Sweeney Todd! I even named my black cat Sweeney. :-) Break a leg with the production stina!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

Banana, glad baby is doing well despite a bit of an obstacle :)

Brooke, you're right...it probably could have been a bit worse, hope the bruises heal quickly!

Stina...sucks about having to pick up the slack...we're going to see a good friend in a local production of La Traviata in a few weeks and I'm sure he'll be feeling that pre-opening stress as well...personally anyone that can do musical theatre (or any theatre for that matter) gets my respect...best I can do is singing karaoke! :)

Sapphire...I really love the ring! If I were to design my "dream" ring, it would be pretty close to that :)
  • Options
    I'm Mrs. Lovett so I have my hands full.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Hi all!  It's not Tuesday anymore but I'm going to chime in anyway.  My name's Vic.  I post occasionally, when the mood strikes me, and read more often.  Just got back from Inception and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it...

• Options
    I tried to play along, but apparently my iPad doesn't view the message box as a text box, so I couldn't actually type anything.  Lame.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards