Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids Jewelry...

Hello ladies! I planned on buying jewelry for my MOH & Bridesmaids. I have seven girls total..MOH & six bridesmaids. What are your thoughts on buying them coordinating jewelry? I'm sure people have done this before, but I guess just looking for advice. I'm going to buy a little jewelry box for each of them with their own name engraved in the top. My MOH is going to have a bigger box than the rest of the girls. Thoughts?! Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids Jewelry...

• Options
    I don't personally see anything wrong with it, but if that's your only bridesmaid gift, some people on here will tell you that the gift should not be wedding-related and should not be the same for each attendant.

I'm giving each bridesmaid a pair of matching earrings and also a more personalized gift.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

ohhh nooo thats not my only gift, I have a bunch of other things I'm giving them, but this is more or less the bigger one of all of them

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you requiring them to wear the jewelry for the wedding?  If so, then it doesn't really count as a gift.

I think you really want to get your BMs jewelry as a gift, you should pick out individual items for each girl.  Undoubtedly, they have different tastes and styles, so it would mean much more for you to really think about what they would individually like.
  • Options
    To be completely honest, I have more jewelry boxes than I use, and I would hate having one with my name engraved on it.  And ditto PPs that jewelry for your wedding is not a gift to them.

• Options
    I gave my girls their jewelry and it was special because it was custom made and they came in beautiful handmade boxes.  I used jushora.com
  • Options
    If you want them in matching jewelry, and you plan to give them personal gifts aside from that, then that's your right.

However, since you asked for thoughts ...

I have never in my life noticed the bridesmaids' jewelry at a wedding, and whether it matched or not. And unless the bride is buying them a really nice piece like good-quality silver or real pearls or something, I don't get the point in buying them all matching jewelry that's usually on the cheaper side and oftentimes doesn't get worn again. I think it's a different story if you're buying them all a decent-quality necklace or earrings in different designs that they each love and would wear again, but matching just for the sake of matching doesn't appeal to me because nobody else really gives a crap about it, so why would I waste my time and money?

I had two bridesmaids and they wore their own jewelry. My sister/MOH wore faux pearls - plus, I never really "got" her taste in accessories, so anything I bought for her, even really nice stuff, probably would've ended up in a drawer and would never be worn again. And my other bridesmaid wore her diamond pendant, which was MUCH nicer than anything I ever could've afforded to buy for her myself, so why should I deny her the opportunity to wear such a pretty piece with her nice outfit?
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaids-jewelry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:eadc6fbb-efa8-4fd9-ac6f-4dbb502a46e8Post:648928b2-ccc1-45f6-a13f-e1d9fd7afdc5">Bridesmaids Jewelry...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! I planned on buying jewelry for my MOH & Bridesmaids. I have seven girls total..MOH & six bridesmaids. What are your thoughts on buying them coordinating jewelry? I'm sure people have done this before, but I guess just looking for advice. I'm going to buy a little jewelry box for each of them with their own name engraved in the top. My MOH is going to have a bigger box than the rest of the girls. Thoughts?! Thanks so much!
    Posted by olilirish1o[/QUOTE]

<div>I am assuming you want them to wear it for your wedding, correct? If so, then it really isn't a thank you gift to them, it's basically more of an accessory like their bouquets in which they may or may not use again. The little jewelry box isn't much use also because if the girls wear a lot of jewelry, a small box isn't going to hold a lot. So just be aware that if you do get them jewelry (and be careful to make sure none of your BM has any allergies or sensitive skin), if you are requiring they wear it for the wedding you need to get them another more personal gift. </div>
  • Options
    If you like it and want them to wear it, go for it.  I think we've firmly established that it isn't their gift, so that's not the issue.  

Personally, I find matching jewelry a little too stepford for my tastes, but if you like it and have the budget, go with it.  It's just about taste.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaids-jewelry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:eadc6fbb-efa8-4fd9-ac6f-4dbb502a46e8Post:648928b2-ccc1-45f6-a13f-e1d9fd7afdc5">Bridesmaids Jewelry...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! I planned on buying jewelry for my MOH & Bridesmaids. I have seven girls total..MOH & six bridesmaids. What are your thoughts on buying them coordinating jewelry? I'm sure people have done this before, but I guess just looking for advice. I'm going to buy a little jewelry box for each of them with their own name engraved in the top. My MOH is going to have a bigger box than the rest of the girls. Thoughts?! Thanks so much!
    Posted by olilirish1o[/QUOTE]

I found my BM some cordinating Jewlery at Sears, it was sterling silver and cubics.  They were originaly $70 a piece and I paid $20 online at sears, if you order at the store shipping is free.  I also have 1 MOH and 6 BMs.  I found that $20 was reasonable and I can still get them more for a gift.    When shopping for jewlery I found that all of the big Department stores had boxed sets and all were like at least 50% or more.  Give those places a try and you might find something you like.

I took my MOH along with me so I had someone who would be wearing them's opinion. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    Hello!  Personally, I like www.chachabella.com jewelry----It is custom made friendship rings, bracelets and earrings.  YES, it will match their dress and they would be "required" to wear it that day, but it actually is a really neat, different concept that my friends and I love and were really excited to get as a gift, as it really is symbolic of your friendship.  I always notice bridesmaids jewelry!  Check it out.  Good luck to you !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards