Wedding Party
Options

Esthetic question

Ok, so this is probably a really silly question, but I'm going to ask anyway.

For those who know about past issues, FI and I decided to just go by height when it came to pairing.

However, we had a GM step down due to military service, so now we're pairing 2 BM with 1 GM.

So this question is this- do we put the group of 3 at the end, or do we put them somewhere else?  The GM is the same height as another GM, and they're the tallest ones (sorry, I know this sounds like some really complicated algebra equation).

Let me know your thoughts!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Esthetic question

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I very much doubt that anyone's going to notice how tall people are. Just line everyone up in whatever way is easiest or most convenient. You can figure this out at the rehearsal in about 30 seconds.
  • Options
    No one will notice.  If they're the tallest GM, the can go at the beginning--it won't be weird, but really, just figure out the easiest way to get everyone down the aisle at the rehearsal.
  • Options
    I would totally agree, except I know that the GM in the trio will be unable to attend (FI is in the military, and several of the GM are also military)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Then just pick a way, and tell them.  It really will look fine however you choose to do it.  If you're focused on height, lead in with the group of three.  No biggie :-)
  • Options
    Like I said, I knew it was probably a silly question.  Thanks for the suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not saying this to be snarky.....but snap out of it. Who cares?! I know he's tall, and you decided to go by height, but most people don't care who's standing closer to the bride and groom. 

We just let our bridal party pick their own order. Seriously, I couldn't pick. So on the wedding day I got to see what they decided. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    You were going with height to avoid perceived favoritism in the line, correct?  If the other GM who is the same height will be attending the rehearsal, you can probably use him to figure out where the absent GM will go.  Unless you have one of those police lineup boards behind them with height indications, no one is going to be able to tell if they're just slightly off.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards