Wedding Party
Options

Mbcdefg

You got married! Sorry not to have wished you well last week, I thought it was this coming weekend. Sooo, tell us all about it!

Re: Mbcdefg

• Options
    Hi! I just got back to work today (booooo).

We had a great weekend, everything went well (except for a limo snafu but nothing major) and our families and friends all seemed to have a great time. We really lucked out with the weather ... it was gorgeous, warm and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

It's really amazing how fast everything goes. We came home on Tuesday afternoon (took a short, local honeymoon) and said, "Wow, it's all really over already?"

I was also amazed how "in the zone" I was and how much stuff I just didn't notice. Of course I had a great time and got to talk to lots of people, but there were so many instances where I found myself wondering how certain little details turned out because I never thought to look at them, or people would tell me about something that happened and I'd be scratching my head.

And the quickness of the day really made me feel silly, in retrospect, about some stresses and arguments I'd had with DH and various people during the planning process ... the day goes by SO FAST, and it's SO not worth getting upset over certain things. As far as it relates to this board, I couldn't have told you what the BMs had on their feet or around their necks, if the GMs' tux shirts perfectly matched my dress, what their dates were doing while they were at the head table with us, if anyone noticed that the bridesmaids weren't in identical dresses, etc. They had fun, we had fun, and that is absolutely all that matters! I would've felt so stupid if they were pissy with us at the wedding over something ridiculous like forcing them into matching attire even if they hated it just for the sake of having everything matching, or making my sister's boyfriend sit at a different table or not ride in the limo because he wasn't in a tux.

I have some pro teasers and some non-pro shots in my bio if anyone wants to see!
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    Gorgeous!! Congrats!
  • Options
    Wow!  Beautiful wedding photo!  Damn, folks around here sure do clean up good! 
  • Options
    Thanks!

Best Man's FI (one of our readers) took a lot of those pics. I commented to BM that her photos were great, and he just laughed and jokingly said, "Nah, she just has a good camera." (Which she does, but her eye for detail is great too.)

I grabbed a lot of the non-pros frmo Facebook. My sister's boyfriend took a lot - he wasn't in the wedding party but we invited him and my brother's GF in the limo with us while we were off taking formal photos, so he got some nice ones with my sister's camera (like the one of the guys up in the tree).
  • Options
    Congrats!  I love the shot of the GM up in the tree.
  • Options
    Congratulations!  The pictures are awesome--I love your dress!
  • Options
    Everything looked beautiful! Congratulations!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!  What a beautiful wedding!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    YAY! Congratulations, and I'm so happy that your day was wonderful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Had I known, I would've mentioned it in the poll...damn, I need to get peoples' stuff. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Just checked the new-bio ... your "non-pro" pics look quite "pro", imo.

Congratulations! Everything looked beautiful!

And a new "married hag" has joined the ranks Tongue out

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards