Wedding Party
Options

wedding photo poll

Of the ladies who are married, was there anyone who was going to "ruin" your photos? The post below about the bride with the friend issues got me thinking about this....

For me, (I don't know if people remember my rants about my sister dating a con artist) it's my sister's boyfriend. We are now suing him and he's in a LOT of the photos. It's sucky, but it doesn't ruin my pictures.
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: wedding photo poll

• Options
    My dad's GF's children and their SOs were in virtually all the family photos for his side of the family.  They were not invited and I have no idea what their names are.  I managed to find one they weren't in and used that for the album, but I'm kind of bummed they were in the photos at all.  Like one or two, fine.  But almost all of them?  Come on!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Well, I didn't invite anyone I didn't like to the wedding, so that wasn't really a problem.  I think the closest they came to getting "ruined" was my stepdad's "waiting in line for the prostate exam" expression, but that's more amusing than anything else.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Oh brooke, you reminded me about my bio grandma whom I hate and has never been a part of my life. She somehow stepped into the family photo and there she is, smack in the middle. Oh well....I didn't keep that photo is all...
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    One of the groomsman has already been warned about not ruining our pictures. I'm spending TOO much money on them. He was in someone elses wedding and made this vulgar symbol with his hands in EVERY picture they had. My photographer has already said that he can photoshop things like people's eyes if they blink so I am hoping they can photoshop him if he decides to do what he wants which he prob will. UGH!
  • Options
    I was worried about MIL trying to wrangle our photographer, whose style is on the photojournalistic side, into taking tons of posed pictures to her liking.  We told the photog. ahead of time that she might try to do that. 

She managed to force together a photo of just her side of the family during the bride&groom only pictures, but as she was trying to put together more our photographer saved me by hauling me to another part of the lawn because she's great like that.  I'm sure she saw the shocked look on my face that this would happen during B&G pictures.

We had one person in attendance who wasn't invited and ended up in the edge of a photo.  Our photographer cropped him out for us, but my godfather was standing between the uninvited person and the edge of the picture.  So he is no longer in any of our pro pics, sadly.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]One of the groomsman has already been warned about not ruining our pictures. I'm spending TOO much money on them. He was in someone elses wedding and made this vulgar symbol with his hands in EVERY picture they had. My photographer has already said that he can photoshop things like people's eyes if they blink so I am hoping they can photoshop him if he decides to do what he wants which he prob will. UGH!
    Posted by Bailey2be2011[/QUOTE]
    Ask the photographer to place him on the outer edge and not in the middle of the other WP members for photos.  Then if it can't be photoshopped, he can just be out of the photos.  Or your photographer can ask him to step out of the photos if he starts making vulgar symbols.
  • Options
    I don't know that there was anything I worried about ruining the photos.

But last summer I heard MIL say that she contemplated wearing a necklace of kindergarden clay beads that BIL made her to his wedding.

And while that's not picture ruining, I thought it was a really stupid thing to wear to a formal reception - so much so that when she suggested it I laughed at her because I didn't think she was serious.   Luckily SIL gave her pearls.   The photo with the beads wouldn't have been a ruined one - she just would have looked like someone who couldn't get over the idea that her 31 yo was no longer 5.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards