Wedding Party
Options

Should my fiance have my 2 brothers as Groomsmen?

I have 2 brothers but my fiance has so many friends that narrowing it down to 7 groomsmen was hard. 

I have 6 bridesmaid including my soon to be sister-in-law.  Should he add my brothers?  I feel like 9 is far too many for our "simple" beach wedding.  I don't want to pull away his close friends for my brothers ....  He loves my family and my brothers but really want to his friends by his side.

I would love some advise.

T

Re: Should my fiance have my 2 brothers as Groomsmen?

• Options
    You know I don't think there is a right or a wrong answer here, it is really all dependant on what the two of you want.  In my case I wanted my Brothers in the WP even if that made 7 attenants on each side. 

Is it really important to you that they are in the WP, if the answer is yes then they should be in the WP.  If the answer is no then I would say it's fine leaving them out. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    If you want your brothers in the WP just ask them to be on your side as Bridesmen. 
  • Options
    Neither of you should set a number limit, if it means leaving out people you love (or including random people just to hit that number/keep the sides even). He shouldn't have to "narrow it down" if there are people he really wants to include.

I think it's fair to say to him that you would like your brothers as groomsmen, since you agreed to include his sister as a bridesmaid.

However, if he would rather not have them as groomsmen, then ask them to be your own attendants (Bridesmen, Attendants, whatever you want to call them).
  • Options
    It's not about the numbers, but about having the people close to you stand up for you.  If he is close to your brothers, it would make sense that he would want to ask them.  If he isn't, then he wouldn't.

9 is quite a few, but if you are close to that many people, that's just how it works.

If you are closer to your brothers, you should ask them to stand on your side.  The idea that WPs much be even sides or same sex is pretty outdated.  
  • Options
    PPs are right about not needing even sides, and also about having your brothers stand up on your side. Another option is that you could ask them to be ushers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_should-fiance-2-brothers-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ed81d466-978f-49c2-8d7d-5729f30a8b89Post:b61add77-cbb1-48df-9bb2-a6b185689172">Should my fiance have my 2 brothers as Groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 2 brothers but my fiance has so many friends that narrowing it down to 7 groomsmen was hard.  I have 6 bridesmaid including my soon to be sister-in-law.  Should he add my brothers?  I feel like 9 is far too many for our "simple" beach wedding.  I don't want to pull away his close friends for my brothers ....  He loves my family and my brothers but really want to his friends by his side. I would love some advise. T
    Posted by tandh[/QUOTE]

Groom's party, groom's choice. Bride's party, bride's choice.

Easy peasy.
  • Options
    I included my brother in the WP since he is my brother and I love him.  Other groomsmen are my fiance's four brothers, just thought it was the right thing to do however I should note that none of his four sisters are in the wedding.  He didn's express that he wanted them there and it would have just been too difficult to make that happen.

You have to do what you think is right and what you will appreciate at the end of the day.  NO regrets
    Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hears and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Don't worry about numbers...all the people you LOVE are who count.  Most of my family is deceased (I have no family member to go with me to get my gown!).

Make room for your brothers...anywhere...just share the love on your day!

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards