Wedding Party

Just a tiny rant

Okay, before I begin....I know all a BM really has to do is purchase a dress and show up to the ceremony.  I get it. 

But have any of you had your BM tell you how much they are looking forward to helping you and then when you ask for one tiny favor, they tell you no?  So frustrating.  My sister lives 8 hours away and has said she will help whatever way she can despite being so far away.  I asked her to get THREE addresses for me (family members that she is closer to) and she snapped at me and told me it would be easier if I got them myself (even though I have gotten over 150 myself).  I mean, she's my sister, I'm not going to hold a grudge or anything.  But it is pretty irritating when someone tells you they will help and then can't even do something so small.

Anyone else having their BM back out of helping them? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Just a tiny rant

• It sucks when your friends say they'll do something and then flake.  Weddings and titles really have nothing to do with it.

If snapping back is out of character for her, maybe she has something else going on?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I think all BMs say things like this in the moment.  Let's face it, sometimes women can get carried away with the excitement of being asked and we say things like, "I'll even wear a trash bag down the aisle if you ask me to."  Fast forward to the actual dress shopping and the real opinions come out, you know what I'm saying.  I would just brush this one off, maybe even mom or an aunt/uncle you are close to may have the adrs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would guess that she was having a bad day.  I'm one of those people who likes helping out but if something's happened at work, I'm going to snap at people also.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards