Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where?

What's your favorite flower?

Would you ever consider adoption?

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Stung by a bee? Yes, at my grandma's house by a yellow jacket (on my hand) and on my old farm by three hornets (all on the right shoulder).

Favorite Flower? There are too many to choose. I do love Lilies and Orchids though.

Adoption?I'm not very fond of having my own kids so probably not. I always "adopt" furbabies though!

Verbal Fight? It depends on who was wrong. Most of the time i'm being a biotch and I know it, so I give in. He isn't shy to say sorry when he knows he is wrong though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where? I've lost count of how many I've stepped on.

What's your favorite flower? Ranunculous for looks, lilacs for scent.

Would you ever consider adoption? If FI and I couldn't have children, then yes.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first? Eh...usually me.  Because usually I'm the one who starts it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where? Yep. Right between the eyes! It happened when I was little, so I barely remember it, thank goodness. 

What's your favorite flower? Black-eyed Susans & Daffodils. They remind me of my grandma. She always had tons of them around her house.

Would you ever consider adoption? Absolutely. I'm hoping within the next few years, we'll have a stable home (no apartment living with crazy neighbors is really what I'm aiming for) and we can become foster parents. I would hope that an adoption could come of that.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first? We tend to apologize at the same time. It's how we roll. We argue, we sit next to each other, we have a few minutes of silence, then an apology. Then we talk about what we need to do differently to keep this argument from happening again.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where? Yes, three times. When I was little, on my finger, in high school on my neck and a couple years ago on my arm. The neck one was awful, it swelled up huge, and I couldn't turn my head for a couple days!

What's your favorite flower? Depends on my mood and for what, but dahlias make me smile.

Would you ever consider adoption? Never say never, but right now I don't think so. It's not something we've discussed.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first? Depends on who's wrong - we're both a bit stubborn, so if the other one's at fault we wait for him/her to say sorry for being an ass (which usually doesn't take too long, luckily).
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where?: Yes, on my upper thigh when I was younger. 

What's your favorite flower?: Peonies

Would you ever consider adoption?: Possibly

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first?: Normally me
  • Options
    Yes, on my pinkie finger.

Tulips.

Yes, if I weren't able to have my own then I would definitely adopt.

Me.  It's usually me.  DH is the clam, laid back one in our relationship and I am the hot tempered, things need to be done a certain way one.  So I usually take a minute to calm down and apologize.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Several times.  The most memorable time, I got stung on the bottom of my foot by a wasp.  It was the end of the summer before 2nd or 3rd grade so when we went shopping for school shoes to go with my uniform, I could only try the shoes on one foot.

Good question.  I'm a fan of lilies and columbines.

I really want to adopt at least one child if we're able to do so.  DH wants at least one biological child because he has an instinctual desire to produce offspring.  We both agree that fertility drugs, IVF, etc. are not for us.  If we are unable to have biological children naturally we'll go though the struggles of adoption over the struggles of fertility treatments.

It depends on which of us was bothering the other.  Unless it was instigated by PMS.
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where?No, never. I avoid them like the plague because I swell up huge when a mosquito bites me; I don't want to know what happens when a bee stings me.

What's your favorite flower?Daisy.

Would you ever consider adoption?Maybe.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first?H. He's much more laid back and even tempered than I am. But I'm learning.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where?  Honestly?  No.  Bugs don't like me.  I've had very very few mosquito bites as well.

What's your favorite flower? I'm really equal oppurtunity.

Would you ever consider adoption? Yup.  I really really want biological children, but I think raising a child that wouldn't have such a great life otherwise is a beautiful thing.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first? Me.  I can't stand fighting.  If I have a fight or tiff with someone, I want it worked out and apologized over immediately so we can move on.
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2010
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yup.

Where? Arm.  It was at the town pool when I was a kid.  I felt an itch on my arm & scratched without looking, not realizing the tickle came from a bee that was walking up my arm.  It thought I was attacking, of course, and stung me.

What's your favorite flower? Lilac.

Would you ever consider adoption? Yes.  I'd sooner adopt than have my own.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first? It depends on the fight, but we're both REALLY stubborn.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where? nope!  I start fleeing as soon as a bee gets within 3 feet of me.

What's your favorite flower?  The ones made out of chocolate.  Otherwise, I hate flowers.

Would you ever consider adoption? We don't want kids, but that certainly sounds better than having something occupy my own uterus.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first?  I think it's about 50/50.
  • Options
    Maybe when I was little, but I don't really remember where it was.

I have so many!  I love peonies, lillies, and orchards!

If I could not have any children of my own I would.

It depends on what the fight was about and who started it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Yes, once, on the upper thigh about 5 years ago.  It was more painful than I thought it would be.  I usually run away from anything that can sting me.

Roses

FI and I adopted two cats last fall :)

Usually it's whoever was the one that was being unreasonable.
  • Options

Have you ever been stunk by a bee?
    Many times. But the most memorable was when I was stung on my bottom lip and it blew up like crazy.  I was about 12 so I was mortified..thank god it was summer and I didn't have to go to school!
    What is your favorite flower?
    Daisy - sunny and happy.
    Would you consider adoption?
    Yes - but I definitely want biological children if possible.
    If you and your FI/DH get into a verbal fight, who apologizes first?
    Saying sorry is the FI's most difficult phrase..he usually "apologizes" by trying to make me laugh (and it always works damnit!) But really it depends who is wrong.  He is a lawyer so somehow I always end up being wrong!

BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee?  Yep, I did my undergrad research on bees, so I was stung quite a few times.
    What is your favorite flower? Not sure, it changes all the time.  I'll just say rose for now.
    Would you consider adoption? Yep
    If you and your FI/DH get into a verbal fight, who apologizes first? I guess it depends on who was in the wrong.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where?  No, but I'm petrified of them, so I intend for it never to happen!

What's your favorite flower?  Roses!  I know it's a bit cliche, but I'm obsessed.

Would you ever consider adoption?  Oh my goodness yes.  I'm all for getting the plumbing ripped out and adopting when we feel the urge, but DH wants to pass on his genes at least once.  So we've agreed to one biological kid, and the rest adopted.  I firmly believe that the only way to end abortion is to advocate adoption reform, so I fully intend to put my money where my mouth is on that one.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first?  We fight funny.  We usually say that we never fight, but a couple of times it's happened that, say, I'll do something to make him mad, and I'll realize that I screwed up and apologize and get upset that I made him mad, then he'll apologize for getting me upset, and so on and so forth.  Some couples don't know how to apologize, we don't know how to stop.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Have you ever been stung by a bee? Where?  I stepped on tons of them as a kid (And yet, I still never learned to wear shoes in the summer, lol).

What's your favorite flower? I love roses, but not red ones ... I prefer either soft pinks or the really like the "odd" colored ones. I don't even like the color orange, but DH gave me a dozen orange roses once and I totally flipped for them.

Would you ever consider adoption? Maybe ... DH and I have said we're going to try to concieve naturally, but we will not "fight nature" and pay for fertility treatments or something if it turns out we can't for some reason. We pretty much said we'd think about adoption if "we have to" ... if that makes any sense.

IF you and FI/DH got it a verbal fight, who usually apologizes first?  It's not really "apologizing", it's usually which one says "Ok, we're getting food before we go any further", lol, and that's usually him. We really only "fight" when we're both hungry or I'm tired.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards