Wedding Party
Options

Where has all the fun drama gone?

I rewarded myself for three months with trips to The Knot if I was making good progress studying for the bar exam and had to forgo responding to many threads in order to stay within my allowed time limit.
Now that it's over and I literally can't move anything but my fingers because I was at the gym tonight for the first time in three months, there's nothing.  Don't tell me all of the brides have come to their senses!!!!
AKA GoodLuckBear14

Re: Where has all the fun drama gone?

• Options
    Congrats on finishing the bar exam!  I admire you for staying sane through it all.  I have several friends who didn't.

And don't worry about the lack of drama, plenty more crazy where they came from.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Sane is a matter of perspective.  FI was teasing me the Sunday before the test not to forget my e-ring because of all the good looking guys at the library.  I stopped halfway down the stairs and said, "Look at me.  I am wearing the same yoga pants and T-shirt I was wearing yesterday and I think maybe the day before.  I haven't worn any makeup in more than a week, my roots are an inch deep, my eyebrows are out of control, I haven't shaved my legs in two weeks, haven't worn contacts in three months, haven't seen the inside of the gym in ten weeks and have been living on brownies and potato chips. The only reason my toes look great is because getting  a pedicure was the only way to force myself to stay still when I didn't want to study.   Would you hit on me right now?!?!?

I also called a friend in Ohio the night before Day 1 because I didn't remember being this much of a mess the last time I sat for a bar exam.  Her exasperated response was ,"Yes you were.  We all were.  I think it's like childbirth that your brain blocks out the true memory."

Something for you to look forward to Brooke Wink.  I will say that I was lucky to have FI taking care of me.  On top of everything else, he's a great cook and made dinner every night. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Yay!  I'm glad he took care of you.  He's definitely a keeper.

I've decided DH and I are moving out of California next year so that I won't have to take the Cal Bar.  I suppose I should tell him that...;)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Good plan.  No reason to take the toughest bar in the country unless absolutely necessary.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    [QUOTE]  I stopped halfway down the stairs and said, "Look at me.  I am wearing the same yoga pants and T-shirt I was wearing yesterday and I think maybe the day before.  I haven't worn any makeup in more than a week, my roots are an inch deep, my eyebrows are out of control, I haven't shaved my legs in two weeks, haven't worn contacts in three months, haven't seen the inside of the gym in ten weeks and have been living on brownies and potato chips. The only reason my toes look great is because getting  a pedicure was the only way to force myself to stay still when I didn't want to study.   Would you hit on me right now?!?!?
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]
    That's about how I looked when DH proposed.  So maybe there's cause for concern.  I doubt any other guy would have hit on me right then, though.

The crazies have been coming in spurts lately.  Give it time.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No worries the crazies are still here...just hiding. I'm battling four crazies on the October 2010 board right now. "Bridesmaids attending showers are mandatory!!! Maybe its just my circle of friends and family but you always show up to showers!"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I never go over there Suz. You are far braver than I. The one time I did I got scared because it was all "CHECKS!!!!" and "PIP!!!!"

It's a little too high-strung for me.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah i've noticed that. All of them are bridezillas with the "OMG My BM isn't paying enough attention to me!" attitude. Lesson learned!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Suz, that thread was painful. I couldn't even finish it. That lissypooh girl bothers the crap out of me.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I know...i'm picking my battles. I give up!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Just start a thread about B lists.  That'll get everyone going. :)
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fun-drama-gone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:fa3541eb-f292-4f75-b2c3-fffbdafbbd48Post:e8322a9d-2bbc-4565-82a0-28ab82c3026a">Re: Where has all the fun drama gone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously: I'm gonna scream. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2010-weddings_rant-hope-am-not-being-zilla_.0" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2010-weddings_rant-hope-am-not-being-zilla_.0</a>
    Posted by suz62984[/QUOTE]

Wow.  I think I especially loved the girl complaining because a BM is choosing to be a mom on the day of the shower.  Too bad I'm getting married in September 2010 otherwise I would have had fun playing on that thread.  Good job though Suz.  You were the only voice of sanity there.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    Frogurt! HAHAHA-true statement
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Moms and Maids usually has some crazy going on over there ;-)
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    CT- I've gotten into that board lately. I kept noticing that all the field trips went over there. I'm addicted to crazy!

I did just check back to Oct 2010. Finally a little sanity!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First congrats tldh! I have friends who have finished the bar exams or getting ready to start and I can't imagine the craziness that involves in studying for that stuff.

suz, I couldn't take the Bride who is POed at her FSIL about choosing her son over the Bride's shower. It just kills me to think that someone is that self absorbed.
  • Options

It's sad how much drama can stem from a wedding - you know, what's supposed to be a happy time and be a fun time anticipating your upcoming marriage and the party that comes along with that celebration. But it seems like a lot of girls lose sight of that - that the marriage is the important part (and you know, the wedding being just the beginning of that) and it becomes a Very Serious Special Day Where Things Must. Not. Deviate. From. Plan.

Lighten up. Have fun. Enjoy your Fi and your friends during your planning time.

The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards