Wedding Party

BRIDESMAIDSZILLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO FRUSTRATED! LONG RANT!!!!! =(

2»

Re: BRIDESMAIDSZILLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO FRUSTRATED! LONG RANT!!!!! =(

• Two words.

BRIDE. ZILLA.

Calm the eff down.
  • haha, I posted there and didn't even think to check back. haha. I really don't care at this point. They are just going to validate her bad behavior towards her cousin.

I love that no one over there told her that the knot's list of duties for bms is a bunch of bs and just a way to get you to buy more stuff.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Oh for fuckk's sake, it's turned into a racial issue now?

I don't care whether someone's Black, White, Hispanic or Purple. If they need to calm the hell down, then they need to calm the hell down. None of this "It's my day!" bullshiit.
  • Stina - there were some people at first who said calm down if she doesn't get the shoes it won't ruin anything. You'll be fine but no listening to that! She only heard the people who agreed with her. She has since deleted...so sad :(
    Anniversary
  • I agree with Aerin that it's not a racial issue though. It's a zilla issue. I like how some of the regs even said I was right. lol

My Planning Bio
  • I don't think there is a strong enough word to fully represent my hatred of The Knot's "list of BM/MOH duties".

While I was ready to strangle my sisters a few times (As some of you may remember), I seriously think if they wanted to do even 1/2 the crap on that list, I'd be all kinds of annoyed that they were up my butt eager to do so much.

Clearly, I didn't consider my engagement a "time of need" like most women, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Holy cannoli was that hard to read.  At least it wasn't bolded, italicized, and fuschia, I guess.

OP, you sound like a peach.  Chill out and get off her back.  And for goodness sake, let her wear her own shoes in __________ color. 

• I went back to check that other thread. She said that she thought about it and was going to let it go, and that some people were helpful and others were evil B's. Not sure which category I fit under though...
    My Planning Bio
  • I think your BM was right.  You really do need to be patient.

Remember, the only thing that your MOH has to do is be there on the big day.

Please also remember that if anyone tells you who was or wasn't "in line" when it comes to a pre-wedding event, that the person spilling the beans is really out of line.  You shouldn't have anything to do with those events and it's really rude for someone to run to you and tattle.    That's just a peeve of mine.  It's not nice to the other person OR the bride when people run and say, "Can you believe this friend did this?" to the bride.

And as far as shoes go, please be flexible.  Some people are just so particular about shoes and when you require a specific pair, it can be a real burden on the checkbook and the feet as well. 

Please also remember that once you ask someone to be in the wedding, the person is in the wedding unless she tells you she's backing out.  It's not really nice to ask if the person still wants to be in it.

Beyond that, please remember that you're (you AND your FI) the center of attention for the wedding ceremony, but that doesn't mean it's going to be all about you for the time leading up to the big day.  Often, people will get caught up in their own lives.  Just as you're caught up with wedding planning, your MOH has her own life and you need to understand that your wedding is just a day of it for her. 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    I am still stunned that this wasn't MUD and was real.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • this is confusing. I guess because I am new to all of this and I am not sure what "mud" means...
    "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MUD = made up drama.  Sometimes people post fake questions to rile people up.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • What other post are you guys talking about?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaidszillas-soooo-frustrated-long-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:fa3c3593-e9b0-4228-a4c0-63389a329fd4Post:55b8fb98-0a27-4695-9f62-0eae53416b79">Re: BRIDESMAIDSZILLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO FRUSTRATED! LONG RANT!!!!! =(</a>:
    [QUOTE]What other post are you guys talking about?
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

The African American Board under Cultural Weddings.

Edit: Apparently, the moderator deleted the entire thread.  Someone recommend she PM here and do the same.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Looks like their mod deleted it.  What was it about?
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    She posted the exact same question that is on our board.  The difference is that all of the psters were agreeing almost 100% with her and telling her that she was absolutely right and that her cousin should be kicked out of the wedding.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards