Wedding Party
Options

Teenage nieces

I need help.  I have 4 sisters and therefore a LOT of bridesmaids (about 10-12!).  I also have  three teenage nieces that I want to somehow include.   They are too old for Jr. bridesmaids and I can't possibly add any more bridesmaids.  Is there any other important role that I can have the them do for my wedding?  They are 15 (she could possibly still be a Jr.), 17 and 20.  Please help!!

Re: Teenage nieces

• Options
    Can you cut any friends and mostly have family only???  That's what my fiancee and I are doing.  The family has to be there for pictures anyway so it works out nicely.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Options
    Have them do readings, or have them and some of your other BMs walk in with the BP and then sit in the front row?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    You certainly are popular.  They can do readings or sing.  But don't make them program hander-outers or guest book attendants.  Remember, being a guest is also an honor - especially since they'll get to sit in the front row and wear a corsage.

Edit - I just realized that you were asking about your nieces and not your sisters.  You don't need to have them sit in the front row or wear a corsage.  Being a guest is just fine.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_teenage-nieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:fb796de0-f2cd-4e34-ad5b-25a0f1ec10dcPost:df07b7f2-b836-49ae-a99d-e4501427d47e">Re: Teenage nieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you cut any friends and mostly have family only???  That's what my fiancee and I are doing.  The family has to be there for pictures anyway so it works out nicely.
    Posted by smilormarie[/QUOTE]

Oh dear God, please clarify this. Are you saying you originally asked friends to be in your wedding party and then you kicked them out in favor of family?

Please tell me that's not what you're saying.
  • Options
    I agree with the readings. Or, like others have mentioned, just let them sit in a prominent area with a pretty corsage. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    hahaha, no I totally agree... I feel like I am almost including them just because my sisters did... maybe your right, being a guest should be just as much of an honor!  Thanks for your honesty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards