Wedding Party
Options

Fieldtrip

More fun on the Moms and Maids board.

MOG wearing champagne....

Hopefully that link works ok

Re: Fieldtrip

• Options
    I saw that. I refuse to post on any of those threads about the MOB and MOG dresses. Don't these girls have enough to stress about with their BM's dresses?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    It boggles my mind that there are roughly a dozen threads on the front page all about MOB/MOG dress color.  Boggles.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Seems like there are real issues on the part of the brides in that they see "sabotage" at every turn...
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    aerin, I know!  The first 3 or 4 posts alone are all about MOB or MOG dresses.  What the hell?
  • Options
    Dh's grandma wore an ivory dress to our wedding.  I didn't even notice what color it was until I was looking at the pictures a month later!  Oh, and there is no way that anyone would have mistaken her for the bride.  :P
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    My FMIL is normally a nightmare, but when she found a dress she was thinking about, she checked it with me before buying it! I was floored. I was thinking, "She's a grown woman...she doesn't need my okay before she buys a dress!" I just sent a reply saying that I thought she would look beautiful in it. I almost think she was wanting me to have a problem with it so she could judge me for it or something. Whatever. (I guess I share the sabotage thoughts in that regard...but I do have some experiences to back it up...).
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think that a number of brides go into things anticipating, if not looking for, problems with their MIL, because b~tching about MIL is sort of the "thing" to do.  And to give equal credit, I know that there are moms out there who will never be able to admit that anyone is good enough for their little sonny-boy.

I also think that B2Bs need to realize that their FMIL is NOT their mom, and won't respond to things just like their mom will.  But that doesn't mean that they're inconsiderate or out to get them.  Sheesh:  she's the person who raised the man they love.  Doesn't that count for anything?

So they look for silly things to prove their point:  "OMG!!!11!!!! She picked a lavender dress after I specifically told her not to choose anything in the purple family!"

OR "My FMIL has terrible taste (translated as different from mine).  Can I tell her that she sucks in the fashion department and have someone else choose her attire because otherwise all of my wedding photos will be ruined.  Ruined I say!!"

I think that both MILs and DILs need to step back sometimes and realize that they treat strangers with more courtesy than the extend to each other.  They both also need to realize that it doesn't have to be a competition, and that the groom is actually capable of caring about two different women who have different roles in his life.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fieldtrip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fde7c9aa-716b-4ad8-b659-281b6948b0dePost:ce62a880-8a1f-4e6f-a75b-722838a24e59">Re: Fieldtrip</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that both MILs and DILs need to step back sometimes and realize that they treat strangers with more courtesy than the extend to each other.  They both also need to realize that it doesn't have to be a competition, and that the groom is actually capable of caring about two different women who have different roles in his life.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

Amen!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards