Chinese Weddings

"Traditonal" Chinese Food For Western Stations Style Reception?

Hi Ladies!

I need some help. We're in the works of talking with a venue (YAY!) and I want to get some things squared away before we commit to book. One of the things is making sure that we can change the Asian station to the way we want it. The sample they have is fine for the average American couple getting married wishing to have asian flair at their wedding. But being Chinese I want a menu that is a little more indicative of real Chinese Food. The caterers are American so it will be a little harder. But I have seen other menus from other caterers that are better than the one this caterer is giving me.

Anyway, do you girls have any suggestions for items that will be easily made for a stations style? It would be really great if we are able to included traditional Chinese Banquet menu items into it as well, like longetivity noodles etc.

Thanks!

Re: "Traditonal" Chinese Food For Western Stations Style Reception?

• edited December 2011
    Our caterer was the venue and we asked to bring in some ethnic dishes by actual Chinese restaurants (from even a couple cities over) because we wanted some authenticity. We would not book with them unless they allowed it. Is this an option for you? We paid per serving to the venue too for presenting the ethnic dishes, i.e. crab ball dish was authentic and it was $1 per plate to the venue for serving it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards