Chinese Weddings

"Le Dinh Hon" sign

Hi ladies, I'm having a traditional Vietnamese engagement, aka Le Dinh Hon. We would like to have a sign above the house that says, "Le Dinh Hon" just like the one posted at http://thanhlong.weebly.com/reception.html but we haven't the slightest idea how to make it. The hardest part is getting the Vietnamese font. Any tips?
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: "Le Dinh Hon" sign

• edited December 2011
    We purchased ours from Vietnam, but if you want to make it, you can download VN font packages for printing. Have you tried drawing the letters yourself? The signs from VN seem handmade anyway. I would have made them myself, but we wanted the parents to take care of the traditional ceremony items.
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen these from Vietnam and they are made out of styrofoam.  I would print the letters out in Vietnamese (I got fonts online if you just google Vietnamese Fonts and then do the Insert>Symbols option to get the fonts you want... you can also make the font "outline" and enlarge and then trace them onto a thin piece of styrofoam and cut them out with an exacto knife.  This is how the ones I saw come from Vietnam were made.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards