Jewish Weddings

remembering loved ones under the chuppah

Hi Everyone,

When one of my cousins got married last year, something was in the program talking about how grandparents who were no longer alive were being remembered under the chuppah. Of course, I can't remember what it said and can't find the program. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to include something similar in our wedding program. I don't want to ask my cousin because she and her husband just had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago, and she has much more important things on her mind!

Thanks in advance!

Re: remembering loved ones under the chuppah

• Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on my program we wrote.  In loving memory at the end of the program and listed all desceased grandparents.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto; I'm including my sister-in-law and great-aunt, and he'll probably include his grandparents. 
  • jojod1075jojod1075 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what i'm recalling is something was said or written about how our grandparents (whoever we've lost) are kind of there with us standing under the chuppah. I feel like it was "the rabbis teach that..." kind of thing. does that make sense?

• edited December 2011
    Have you asked your rabbi? There might be something more formal that he/she knows of. I know my rabbi has offered to say something while we are under chuppah about loved ones who can not be with us.
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wrote on our program something like
    "We lovingly remember
    Listed all the names of our grandparents"

We also had the wedding photos of all our grandparents and our parents on the table with the seating cards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    our rabbi gave us the following idea, and we are using it:

At this time we wish to acknowledge our loved one who are not present, but who rejoice with us under the chuppah in spirit on this special day. Though they may not be physically, they live on in our minds and hearts. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards