Jewish Weddings

NWR - Any gift suggestions

DH and I are spending Thanksgiving with his father, step mother and thei family. When we go there FIL pays for everything-even if we happen to go to the drug store. There's no way he will allow us to treat them to dinner or to brunch at our favorite place on Sunday morning. Does anyone have any gift suggestions, either something we bring with us or send afterwards. SMIL is a wonderful hostess who sets an absolutely gorgeous table, so I don't know about flowers. One thought I had was for a menorah from Etsy. Even though they are not very observant, they do light candles each night and might appreciate something hand made. Anyone have any other ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR - Any gift suggestions

• edited December 2011
    I like the menorah idea, and I personally LOVE flowers. How far away from you do they live? Could you bring a bottle of wine made in your region (or any other). What about gourmet chocolates made by some local place near you? Or any other desserty/breakfast item like a local pie? mmm I am making myself hungry!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, Molly,
    I think a menorah is a great idea, or any of Alina's yummy edible suggestions.  If you know of any of their favorite places to shop, maybe, pick up a gift card and a nice hand-written card, or a basket of teas and coffees from one of your favorite coffeeshops?  Or, a book on their interests (a travel book, for example)?
    D
  • ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe a giftcard to one of their favorite restaurants? We did that for my dad.
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards