Jewish Weddings

My Grandparents Are Awesome [PiP]

Today my FI and I went to my grandparents' house for a (very very late) Hanukkah gathering. They gave us a mezuzah for our new apartment!

We can't hang it up just yet because my grandma forgot to pick up the prayer scroll.

And THEN....FI told my grandma, "Did you hear I'm starting conversion classes later this month?" and my grandmother said she did. I said, "Well, you haven't signed up for them yet." My grandma asked why, and I said because we could not afford the $400 fee for the class just yet. Without hesitation, my grandmother said, "I will give you 200 right now."

Needless to say, we were floored by my grandmother's generosity! She disappeared to her office to write up the check and when she returned a few minutes later, she said (jokingly), "Your grandfather was very angry when he heard I was giving you $200 - so he decided to match it!" And she presented us with two checks, each for two hundred dollars! They gave us the fee! We were so surprised, and so was my mom, because she had offered to give us $200 for the class too!

FI is going to deposit the checks first thing tomorrow morning and is signing us up for the class as soon as they are cleared - now we just have to hope that the class isn't full or we're too late to register!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: My Grandparents Are Awesome [PiP]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards